SASS Wire Forum

Ohio

Samuel "Doc" Eells

Due to health issues for the past 6 years I have been but the self appointed welcome wagon at my state match.  This weekend, I SHOT IT AGAIN!  Since Mean Gun Mark and Boaz took the reigns on this shoot it has risen to new levels every year!  This was a fast yet challenging match for all skill level of shooter!  A long time veteran of SASS, who has shot from coast to coast, and won many championship matches said to me:  “This is the best match that’s been put on here, it is probably the best match anywhere!”   I wanna congratulate the top men’s and woman’s shooters, Cumberland Kid and my friend Clementine Valentine!  But especially wanna congratulate Sixgun Schwaby for spankin the rest of us duelist shooters!  You are an excellent shooter, excellent posse pard and most importantly you are a gracious winner!!!  Thanks to all for the warm welcome back as a shooter!

The Ohio match is top shelf!! I want to get back there, BAD!!

Doc!!  Glad to hear from you and to hear that you’re shooting again!!

I know what being laid up is all about!!  We carry on and try to push through.  I’m planning on getting to where I can shoot again too!!

Come see us at Black Gold!!  Curtis Lowe ain’t the same without ya’!!

It was good to see you again Doc. Mean Gun Mark, Boaz and the entire Miami Valley crew are among the best at putting on a great match. Lots of styles of stages. Lots of movement and choice. Great awards.  By the way.....rabbit stew for all.......I DID shoot all the bunnies.

Thanks everybody, just wait till ya see what we got in mind for next year,...hint. Them shooting mouse farts are gonna be scared. But they dont need to be

I haven't been able to shoot with the Ohio crew in a few years . We miss you all! Kaya said that very thing to me Saturday. Adulting sucks. 

This was my 1st time being at this match and it was fun.  I have attended the PA State Match the last three years which happens to always be on the same weekend, but also has a long hill one has to climb. 

I shoot for the fun, which was obvious as I shot Frontier Cartridge.  I also always tell the TO that I will take all of the help they can give.  They have saved my butt more than once, thank you.

The shooting array had a mix of having to use your sights to stand and deliver.  The only real problem I experienced was when you have to shoot one target eight times, with black powder loaded heavy, I couldn't actually see the target after the second round.

This was a friendly, well organized match that I plan to shoot again.  Even with Cheyanne Culpeper telling where I could or couldn't park.

Keep smiling,

Frontier Lone Rider

lone rider, as a fellow devotee of the holy black powder i like to say  "its easy if ya can see the target"......

Archived