SASS Wire Forum

Mississippi State Match Is In The Books

Tequila Shooter

Had a great time at this weekends state match.  The Mississippi River Rangers did an outstanding job, the stages were fun, and fast, and the folks were all true cowboy!  The BP night shoot was a hoot.  If you haven’t been here before, you’re missin’ out.

20 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Scores? Inquiring minds want to know!

Randy

They don’t have the scores posted yet.  When they do I’ll post them unless one of the Rangers beats me to it. 

15 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

They don’t have the scores posted yet.  When they do I’ll post them unless one of the Rangers beats me to it. 

I'd like to see scores also!

This was my first year shooting the MS state match with the Rangers and I was very surprised to not see some of the folks that I thought would’ve been there.  They have a really nice range with a full cowboy town, fun stages, and a dedicated group that makes everything go smoothly.  They also did a tribute to Veterans and presented each one with a personalized gift.  

3 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I got pictures of the score sheets sent to me by a friend.

Randy 3.05 MB · 0 downloads

007.JPG

Thanks, Randy!

My better half (alias May B Knott) and I took our new camper to this match. This was our first time at MRR and found it to be an excellent facility. Great people, as you'd expect at a CAS match. Had a great time even though I didn't shoot so well. Some very challenging stages. First time I have shot a split pistol, yeah I went the wrong way and had to come back for that second pistol. Was on a great posse with lots of great shooters. Overall a great way to start our summer. Thanks to all who worked so hard to put this together.

On 5/30/2021 at 5:04 PM, Tequila Shooter said:

Had a great time at this weekends state match.  The Mississippi River Rangers did an outstanding job, the stages were fun, and fast, and the folks were all true cowboy!  The BP night shoot was a hoot.  If you haven’t been here before, you’re missin’ out.

One of these days, I really want to do one of those BP Night Shoots.  Not seeing the targets might actually help my scores!  :P

8 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

One of these days, I really want to do one of those BP Night Shoots.  Not seeing the targets might actually help my scores!  :P

Well it won’t hurt your score :o :P :D

just kidding!  Hope we meet up again soon. 

On 6/1/2021 at 8:15 AM, Tequila Shooter said:

This was my first year shooting the MS state match with the Rangers and I was very surprised to not see some of the folks that I thought would’ve been there.  They have a really nice range with a full cowboy town, fun stages, and a dedicated group that makes everything go smoothly.  They also did a tribute to Veterans and presented each one with a personalized gift.  

Interesting Observation ! JS

Archived