SASS Wire Forum

Your Memorial Day meal?

Haven’t decided yet. Burgers or tube steak sound fine.

Burgers, potato salad etc I like to keep it traditional!

Today it's St, Louis style ribs on the grill, baked beans, corn on the cob.

Yesterday was hamburgers, potato salad and onion rings.

Tomorrow is gonna be a nice grilled ribeye (medium rare), covered in sautéed mushrooms,  and a twice baked potato. 

I like food.

Baked Salmon, steamed rice, and grilled Asparagus. And a birthday cake since I delayed my lady's celebration for a few days.

Here is the cake:

64410324813__268FB39E-DED2-4830-9B84-6AAF52101628.jpeg

Edit to add: Birthday delayed so I had time to cook much of the day. It is a spice cake with Sea Foam frosting. Been a while since I set up a double boiler. Fun to do this for her.

And as a gift, many months ago I bought  hat band in the classifieds. Rattlesnake vertebrae, totally cool!

But even with all this, neither of us ever lost sight of what today is about. We do remember those who made today possible.

We're dealing with rain so dragging the electric smoker out was not in the cards.

I slow roasted babybacks in the oven and served them with baked beans and a salad.  Tomorrow will be crab stuffed chicken breasts with asparagus.

Today’s is a teriyaki tri-tip, low and slow on the Weber with corn on the Cobb and a green salad. Tomorrow’s will be a couple of rib-eyes, hot and fast with an Italian macaroni salad. But mainly Prayers for those who made the sacrifice for us to have what we do have and the ability to do what we do. :FlagAm:

Did ours early; the Kid has to drive to El Centro (near the Mexican Border) tomorrow - expected to be on site to repair a tractor air conditioner at 0700 Tuesday morning.

Barbecued country style ribs, chicken, baked beans, corn on the cob, coleslaw, potato salad and a pitcher of margaritas.  

I'll have leftovers tomorrow; the chickens will eat well.

Prime rib done on the grill. Ear corn also on the grill. Deviled eggs from our chickens, fruit salad and homemade bread, cherry pie for dessert. Kick it all off with a prayer of remembrance and thanks for those who gave their all so we could sleep in peace and live our lives in a free country. 
Respectfully

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Going to be a NY strip off the grill , baked potatoes and a salad . Then I’ll make the wife a steak salad for dinner , unfortunately she has to work today but at least it’s double time . 

Helping a friend cut brush and trees so won't have time. So, I slow cooked rack of ribs on the bar-b-q yesterday and had that then. Today will be left over spaghetti I fixed the other day.

Mustard BBQ sauce marinated pork tenderloins on the smoker. Potato salad. Cole slaw.  Corn in the cob. Watermelon and maybe some ice cream later. 

7 minutes ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Double tap. Still fingering this newfangled phone. Sure easier typing on the confuser!

JHC

I edit and check what I typed constantly on this phone! Spell check is determined to get me in trouble! It’s so easy on the desk top computer!

BBQ'd Pork Steaks (it's a St. Louis thing), roasted corn on the cob, 5 cup salad and deviled eggs.

Just got some photos from my sister.  Her family was down in Springfield, MO and put flowers on my grandparents graves.

Grandfather was Sgt. Lewis Kistler 96th MG , 90th Division  TO Texas-Oklahoma  WW I

Angus

Just got back from the local steak house.  I went early to avoid the crowd.  Filet Mignon, spuds with gravy, biscuits and a cup of chili.  Even got a veteran discount.  Great day.

Grilling burgers now, corn on the cob and salad to go with, along with chips and a beer. Ice cream later 

Archived