SASS Wire Forum

What you do when your recycling bin gets full.

Ah, but you have to weigh them down. Water would work. 

A co-worker of mine told us a story about how he and his coworkers at another company made up something like this and put it in the recycling dumpster at work. 
The garbage truck came and dumped their mostly cardboard trash that they knew would get looked at and they waited to see what would happen. After two weeks - nothing!

So they did it again and nothing happened. 
He said the whole event was pretty anti-climactic for him and his buddies. 

I live in a small city.  Their list of recyclables does not include everything that says that it can be recycled.  No fast food cups, newspaper or glossy paper.  

I live in a rural area.  I have separate large plastic lift-top containers for garbage and recyclables.  So, all recyclables go in that bin.  I pull/ roll them out Tuesday afternoon and set them both on the edge of the road out front.  Separate trucks come by Wednesday and empty the garbage and recycle “bins,” and i pull them back near the house in the afternoon.

If the bins get full, I use a heavy steel fence-post-pounder and slam it into the stuff inside the bin(s) and push it down, so something else will fit in the bin.

Cat Brules

Archived