SASS Wire Forum

Stage Desription

Stage calls for   rifle  to alternate 10 shots on 2 targets & then with pistols the same as rifle.

Shooter alternates the rifle & then starts on the left with both pistols. spotters say a P' for not alternating correctly..I say it didn't have to be continuos...who's right  ?

Depends on the exact wording.   If it simply said what you wrote there I would argue it IS continuous for the pistols.... "Pistols SAME as rifle" when rifle is "alternate 10 shots on 2 targets".. I don't see how  double tapping the left target with shots 5 and 6 of pistol meets that requirement. 

IMO it would have to read something like this to allow what you saw..  "Alternate  10 shots on 2 targets with rifle, then alternate on   2 targets for 5 shots with each pistol" or words to that effect. 

3 hours ago, Constable Nelson #11784 said:

Depends on the exact wording.   If it simply said what you wrote there I would argue it IS continuous for the pistols.... "Pistols SAME as rifle" when rifle is "alternate 10 shots on 2 targets".. I don't see how  double tapping the left target with shots 5 and 6 of pistol meets that requirement. 

IMO it would have to read something like this to allow what you saw..  "Alternate  10 shots on 2 targets with rifle, then alternate on   2 targets for 5 shots with each pistol" or words to that effect. 

Yep I will go with that ..I was Wrong !

Short & sweet ..please close this post PWB.

Archived