SASS Wire Forum

Ain’t just...

Sarival Slim

I use cornmeal.

Never understood why people use grits.  Grits seem too hard and angular to send down a bore.

I like grits, but cornmeal&bp smell right together.

Larson, the Handi Rifle shot awesome today. 2.5cc BMz, over a 225 gr. Bullet. Thanks :). 

For my C&B's, I too, use cornmeal with the cylinders topped with Cresco.  I jokingly say I'm shooting little biscuits with every pull of the trigger.:lol::D

Sorta reminds me of my great grandma.  She said the secret to a long life was the eat a tsp of black powder every day in your breakfast.  Only difference is you're putting breakfast in your black powder.  When she died at 118 years old she left behind 5 children, 18 grand children, 42 great grandchildren, 15 great great grandchildren, 3 great great great grandchildren, and a medium sized crater where the crematorium used to be. 

14 minutes ago, Sarival Slim said:

Goody, Yes the are. 225 gr 45acp bullets.

Are these long range or Plainsman? I know some who will load .457 round ball in there 45-70 for Plainsman.

Plainsman. 45-70.  One wrap of masking tape on a .452 bullet ( I use 250 gr.) 2.5cc black powder, fiber wad then cornmeal. Shoots great out of the Handi.

15 hours ago, Sarival Slim said:

Larson, the Handi Rifle shot awesome today. 2.5cc BMz, over a 225 gr. Bullet. Thanks :). 

I miss it but am glad it went to someone that will use it.

Archived