SASS Wire Forum

WTT Stoeger Extractor 2-for-1

I shoot a Stoeger 20-ga sxs coachgun occasionally.  The ejector was damaged by a previous owner.

I ordered a new one from a well-known source and got a 12-ga extractor in a 20-ga marked baggy.  I e-mailed them of the dilemma and they said that they would send another.  And they did; another 12-ga extractor in a 20-ga marked bag.  They said that it had to be fitted by a gunsmith, but every dimension is 5-15% too big.  I work in precision metal fabrication and know better.

My offer: my two new 12-ga extractors for one new 20-ga extractor.

Tom----I had same thing to happen a while back--got an extractor from co. outa Illinois ---had smith to fit it --turned out it had to be 12 or 16 ga.--he milled it to fit in sxs but darn groove for edge of shell was way too big ----they gotta have someone goofing up in their assembly line somewhere----darn things are not stamped on em what gauge they are --pain in the butt!!!------look at ones ya got & compare shell groove to ya damaged one---if same it has to be milled to fit----if new ones bigger no way it can be made to work!!

I will not modify these.  Every dim is too big and would require removing material deeper than the hardened zone.  The heat-treat on these seems to only to surface hardness since the parts are somewhat pliable.  If I can't find the right part, I will just retire this gun from matches.  I have peened the existing extractor about as much as I am willing to go but half of the hulls on one side are bypassed by the extractor.

Archived