SASS Wire Forum

Shiny!

Subdeacon Joe

25 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.... this has got me seeing the old Batman comics in my head .......   ^_^

Exactly what I was thinking. Give it a batwing-shaped dorsal fin and you have the original Batmobile.

detective156.jpg

That really does look like an Art Deco version of the Batmobile.  Reminded my of an unusal experience about two years ago.  A friend collects cars and said an acquaintance had invited a limited number of people over to see his private collection.  We drove over into an OK but not terribly nice neighborhood.  The guy met us and took us around back to a metal building.  Inside was AMAZING.  The guy collects pre-1910 race cars and has some of the rarest cars on the planet.  All hidden away in the backyard of a non-discrept house.  He made an exception to his 1910 date for this car.  The first Bugatti race car from 1913.  I am also including a photo of the car that won the first London to Brighton car race in 1897.  The first official auto race in the U.S. was in 1903.  He has the actual cup that was awarded in that race.

IMG_1703.jpeg

IMG_1688.jpeg

IMG_1662.jpeg

IMG_1698.jpeg

Since people enjoy seeing these super rare cars here are a few more.  First a Pierce Arrow MOTORCYCLE.  I never knew such a thing existed.  An 1898 race car that I have forgotten the name.  A 1904 Mitchell and a Delage with an absolutely wonderful radiator cap.

IMG_1658.jpeg

IMG_1683.jpeg

IMG_1674.jpeg

IMG_1686.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

I thought this was going to be a "Serenity" thread.

18 minutes ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

???  

In the television show Firefly, which took place on the spaceship Serenity, instead of something being "cool" or "sweet" or "with it" or "happening" or "choice", it was "shiny"

A couple of those old beauties would be perfect for SteamPunk gun carts.....Okay, too much rye & soda for me tonight I think.

Archived