SASS Wire Forum

Golden Spike Commemorative

Ezra Hawthorne

While browsing sites like GunBroker, I see that there are Golden Spike Commemorative versions of Colt revolvers and Winchester rifles. Being in Utah myself, I was wondering if anybody on the forum happened to have either of these and could tell us about them.

I have the Winchester 94' Golden Spike still new in the box.  I wouldn't say its especially fantastic.  Generally the commemorative's are the same gun with extra embellishments.  Value is in the eye of the holder--some folks really like commemorative firearms though.

20180828_103316.jpg

My favorite high school history teacher had a "golden" railroad spike on his desk. It started a lot of conversations with students that done learnt them young'uns a thing or two about some neat and important events in US history.  :D

I have a Winchester Colt pistol and the 2 JW  Winchester rifles, .32-40 and .44-40. I bought 2 Nebraska Colt .22s for my don and all have been quality guns.  Did find back when I bought all but the JW rifles that prices were under non commemorative models. 

Archived