SASS Wire Forum

CA Fire Season 2021

bgavin

Last night I attended a town hall put on by State Senator McGuire.
In short.. the fire season is anticipated to be worse than last year, when we were choking on AQI of 500+.

They are throwing a ton of gov't grants around to clear duff, etc, etc.
The fire chiefs say it is a good start, but not enough... it will take years to clear away all the dead fuel.

They say as CA continues to dry out, the amount of flammable fuel will increase.

CA bought seven new tanker planes, but I'm puzzled where they are going to get the water to fill them...
The hippies have stalled the building of any new water supplies and we have run out of water.

In this era of chronic shortages, I am now anticipating chronic air pollution again this season.
Today, one can buy quality 3M respirators, filters and MERV-13 filters for reasonable prices and plentiful availability.
Last fire season... they were all out of stock.

We are trapped here, so we have to adapt best as we can.
I picked up a 3M 7502 mask and some P100 particulate filters for when we have to go outside during the smoke season.
I have lots of 20x20 MERV-13 filters and box fans to filter the air inside the house.
Same as ammo and components, I have stocked up a bit before it all goes Out of Stock.

And the debris has built up due to Clinton era environmental laws as well as California’s penchant for going above Federal laws so they can justify another bureaucratic department controlling things that are already regulated. 

Thank goodness there will be enough prisoners to help fight fires…(he said sarcastically.) We will know the truth about inmates once the fires kick off that are started by environmental terrorists, IMNSHO, so that more public land can be closed off to all but State employees and the Sierra Club. 

Yep, I need to quit watching the news and opening threads that I know will enhance my blood pressure. 

Riot Out!

The whole West is in trouble this year. :(

58 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

And the debris has built up due to Clinton era environmental laws as well as California’s penchant for going above Federal laws so they can justify another bureaucratic department controlling things that are already regulated. 

Thank goodness there will be enough prisoners to help fight fires…(he said sarcastically.) We will know the truth about inmates once the fires kick off that are started by environmental terrorists, IMNSHO, so that more public land can be closed off to all but State employees and the Sierra Club. 

Yep, I need to quit watching the news and opening threads that I know will enhance my blood pressure. 

Riot Out!

I thought Gavin Nuisance turned most of the prisoners out.....so who's left to fight fires?

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Won't do much good since power gets cut when fire danger is high.

NP.
We have SMUD power, not PG&E.
Did not lose power at all during last fire season.

We thought about a natgas powered generator for the house... but the price is beyond reach.
The next best thing is a high quality sine wave inverter that can run from the truck to keep the fridge working.
I don't have to rotate fuel in a generator.. just fill up the truck when it needs it.

Our water heater and fireplace insert are both natgas, no A/C required to light either of them.

Hippies?

What hippies?

The hippies and tree huggers that have successfully tied up logging in the courts for the last several decades.
The same hippies and tree huggers that sued and prevented PG&E from cleaning duff and burying power lines.
This was done to protect the spotted owls and all the other little critters, that have since burned to death in the fires.

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

The same hippies and tree huggers that sued and prevented PG&E from cleaning duff and burying power lines.

Remember last year as the Glass Fire Incident (to use the official name) was going in Sonoma and Napa Counties the idjits around Placerville blocking PG&E from clearing trees from powerlines?

Yep, sure do.
I attended the town hall with Sen. McGuire this week... your area is a focus point to avoid more fires this year.

This lawsuit bullshit has gone on for decades.
Then Gov. Moonbeam strong-armed PG&E into diverting a huge chunk of its funds into the green-baloney schemes.

Power lines come down, same as a bear poops in the woods.
However, if the line comes down on bare dirt (no duff), there is nothing to burn.

Take the Skunk Train out of Willits... take note of the FEET of duff under the trees.
That whole mountain will burn down if a fire gets a hold there.

Archived