SASS Wire Forum

Goldie Hawn

Alpo

Someone in my family named their baby girl Hunny Bunny Looney.  It's like they were trying to raise her to be a stripper or something.  The Looney family had a lot of odd names I just can't remember them right now.  I haven't talked to anyone on that side of the family in a while, I bet Hunny Bunny is grown up by now. 

51 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

That pic should wake Alpo up!

Why? I've got that picture in my files. I've posted that picture here in the Saloon (ACS) more than once. I've got the movie, but I've only watched it one time because - it's pretty bad.

51 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Wife thinks Sean Connery was good looking.  

That's okay. She probably thinks you're good looking. :D

My daughter also thinks that Sean Connery is good looking. There's a scene in Robin and Marion. He and Little John has spent the night in a tree. He swings down and is hanging from a branch, then lets go and drops to the ground. His tunic flops up, and there's a flash of his bare butt.

One of her favorite scenes. She's also quite fond of the bath scene in You Only Live Twice.

On 5/27/2021 at 9:21 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Be glad you weren't named Richard Edward.   Everyone would call you Dick Ed!

..........Widder

Careful now!!!!!!!!

Zardoz was not the worst movie I ever watched, but it ranks up there behind robot jocks.

Connery got in to show business the same way Arnie did.

13 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Zardoz was not the worst movie I ever watched, but it ranks up there behind robot jocks.

Even a diehard Battletech Junkie like me couldn't stand Robot Jocks!

18 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Sean Connery was a bodybuilder?

Connery was supposed to have placed in a  Mr universe contest.

Robot Jocks was a free midnight movie at a con I went to waaaaay back. People walked out thats how bad it was. I lost many many nights to Battle him running a valkyrie. Pen and paper rpg's for the win

On 5/27/2021 at 9:56 PM, The Blarney Kid said:

Not that unusual, my parents named me Randy, not Randall or Randolph because they said everyone would just use Randy anyway. When I was stationed in Londonderry, NI,  one of my fellow sailors had a given name of Bob, not Robert.  

It isn't uncommon in the South for the actual given name uses the diminutive form.  I worked for a guy named Bobbie Younger.  We called him Bob, however.  He was the spittin' image of Cole Younger.  I asked him if he was kin, and he said there was some relation!  We had a colonel whose front name was Jimmie.  We called him...Sir! :D

I don't know for a fact, but I wonder if Goldie was named after Golda Mier?

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

Sean Connery was a bodybuilder?

3 hours ago, Texas Joker said:

Connery was supposed to have placed in a  Mr universe contest.

Robot Jocks was a free midnight movie at a con I went to waaaaay back. People walked out thats how bad it was. I lost many many nights to Battle him running a valkyrie. Pen and paper rpg's for the win

Evidence is pretty conclusive that he did compete in 1953 however he failed to place in the top 6. 

His official website however says 1950.

The Sean Connery Mr. Universe Lie

More info

Remembering Sean Connery as a Bodybuilder and Athlete

Remembering Sean Connery as a Bodybuilder and Athlete

On 5/28/2021 at 3:01 PM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I was a Liberal and Hubby was a Conservative when we married. Then I grew up. ;) Our 50th is this December.

That's an impressive achievement these days! I hope you remind us so I can offer you a very sincere congratulations when the next anniversary comes.

I had a lady at work tell my her friend, Mrs. Butts, named her daughter, Ophelia.

Her son was named, Harry.

https://www.whitepages.com/name/Ophelia-Butts

https://www.whitepages.com/name/Harry-Butts

On 5/31/2021 at 1:11 PM, Ramblin Gambler said:

Someone in my family named their baby girl Hunny Bunny Looney.  It's like they were trying to raise her to be a stripper or something.  The Looney family had a lot of odd names I just can't remember them right now.  I haven't talked to anyone on that side of the family in a while, I bet Hunny Bunny is grown up by now. 

the world needs strippers too , but kidding aside , ill second the suggestion she either changes her name or requires folks to call her by different down the road - i thought all this went away after the summer of luv 

Had a customer at the Chevy dealer, "Toy Glasscock". Google it, there's a bunch of 'em!

On 5/28/2021 at 1:01 PM, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I was a Liberal and Hubby was a Conservative when we married. Then I grew up. ;) Our 50th is this December.

My former wife was originally apolitical, which was fine with me. Then she, for some reason unbeknownst to me became an absolute obama sycophant liberal. She killed that marriage rather quickly. Ugly just isn't a strong enough word to describe most days after she made the transition. :blink: How people of opposite political beliefs live together successfully is beyond me. Lol

Things are much better now. :D

As for Goldie Hawn, her bubbly giggle always cracks me up. I find her laugh utterly contagious. :D

Dan,

I do believe politics has overwhelmed our lives and it has become difficult for people with opposing views to live together.

That and liberals aren't what they once were.  Once they were the tolerant people. Now they are butt hurt over everything that doesn't agree with their preconceived beliefs.

BTW my mom was a liberal and my dad was conservative.

PS He would be proud of me. ;)

7 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Dan,

I do believe politics has overwhelmed our lives and it has become difficult for people with opposing views to live together.

That and liberals aren't what they once were.  Once they were the tolerant people. Now they are butt hurt over everything that doesn't agree with their preconceived beliefs.

I saw vitriol and hatred spewed at me daily from my once beloved. It was very difficult to handle sanely. The left got ahold of her and turned her into a hateful, ugly, bitter human. I swear Keith Olbeman was her hero. She made life hell, all because she discovered "real politics". Even her son saw her turn into an unrecognizable once mother. Obama ruined her, our marriage and eventually her life. She got what she wanted, I guess.

I have zero tolerance for liberals now. Their bs is toxic. I've lived it and will never tolerate it again.

14 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Dan,

Allie you sure nailed it! I’ve lost friends and family over politics. It seems we used to be able to disagree but not anymore. The liberals in my family don’t even want to talk about it! I’m the cranky old uncle now!:P

On 6/3/2021 at 5:49 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I had a lady at work tell my her friend, Mrs. Butts, named her daughter, Ophelia.

Her son was named, Harry.

https://www.whitepages.com/name/Ophelia-Butts

https://www.whitepages.com/name/Harry-Butts

Reminds me of Ima Hogg.  Daughter if the richest man in Houston at the time and later the governor. 

Okay, not to get too risque but there's a Eaton Liquor store in Baltimore.

Think about it...  you'll get it.

Archived