SASS Wire Forum

Goldie Hawn

Alpo

I put a picture of her in a post of mine on another thread, and it got me to thinking about her.

8223270_GoldieHawnButterfliesareFree3.jpg.8af2c8e49ff769d183518a31d807ebcd.jpg

Her name is actually Goldie. It's not a nickname because she's a blonde. Not a stage name. She was christened Goldie Jeanne Hawn.

86367679_GoldieHawnButterfliesareFree1.jpg.0e770b68531c623c758e2fdff864b5da.jpg

What kind of person would name their child Goldie? That must have been fun in elementary school.

Susan? Yes dear we will call you Susie. Jonathan? Yes we will call you Johnny. Goldie? Goldie!? Dear we need to have your real name. What do you mean your real name is Goldie? Your actual name!!

Not that unusual, my parents named me Randy, not Randall or Randolph because they said everyone would just use Randy anyway. When I was stationed in Londonderry, NI,  one of my fellow sailors had a given name of Bob, not Robert.  

Goldie Hawn has always been beautiful and pretty. She was and is a doll.

Cat Brules

Some people just have unique or unfortunate names.

There is person at work by the name of Metallica.

Growing up I knew some kid by the name of Randy Dick.....these things just happen.

Howdy,

Work at a university and see 20,000 student names a year.

Some folks have no mercy.

And whats up with naming kids after bathroom products? YIKES.

My best guess is mom and or dad are on some drugs when the nurse 

asks  Name?  and there ya go.

Why some kids arent at the courthouse in front of a judge, on their 18th birthday

I have no idea.

Best

CR

It's not as bad as Moon Unit!!:lol: 

Always loved Goldie :wub:especially on Laugh-In!

9 hours ago, Alpo said:

I put a picture of her in a post of mine on another thread, and it got me to thinking about her.

8223270_GoldieHawnButterfliesareFree3.jpg.8af2c8e49ff769d183518a31d807ebcd.jpg

Her name is actually Goldie. It's not a nickname because she's a blonde. Not a stage name. She was christened Goldie Jeanne Hawn.

86367679_GoldieHawnButterfliesareFree1.jpg.0e770b68531c623c758e2fdff864b5da.jpg

What kind of person would name their child Goldie? That must have been fun in elementary school.

Susan? Yes dear we will call you Susie. Jonathan? Yes we will call you Johnny. Goldie? Goldie!? Dear we need to have your real name. What do you mean your real name is Goldie? Your actual name!!

It's old English or Scottish, and it's meaning is "made of gold" or "small gold".  

I had a parolee named Dickey Dennis, yup, child molester. On the Illinois Sex Offender website if you're interested.

I took him back to prison twice, the Parole Board kept releasing him...

2 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

BIG Hollywood liberal.   

True and Kurt Russell is a staunch libertarian who's pro gun and their daughter Kate Hudson leans a bit right like her dad. It's amazing that Kurt and Goldie stayed together for so long being on opposite sides of the political isle especially on guns!

13 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

And then there's Swoosie Kurtz... also her real name.  ^_^

When she was born  her father was an Army Air Forces daptain flying in the Pacific.  His plane was a B-17D, the older type with the sharkfin vertical stabilizer and the bathtub belly gun that was replaced by the ball turret in later models.  Capt Kurtz named the plane, "The Swoose" after a song about Alexander, Half Swan, Half Goose.  (The plane is the only surviving D-model and is now at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.  When Kurtz learned he was the father of a baby girl, he insisted she be named "Swoosie".  When she grew up and became a famous actress, she kept the name...Swoosie Kurtz. :)

6 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

True and Kurt Russell is a staunch libertarian who's pro gun and their daughter Kate Hudson leans a bit right like her dad. It's amazing that Kurt and Goldie stayed together for so long being on opposite sides of the political isle especially on guns!

I was a Liberal and Hubby was a Conservative when we married. Then I grew up. ;) Our 50th is this December.

When I was stationed a RCAF Stn Val d'Or, Quebec back in the early 60's, there was a USAF Captain whose actual name was Dusty Rhodes.  I knew another fellow who used to be jealous of people who had neat sounding names, he had to put up with Doug Funk. 

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I was a Liberal and Hubby was a Conservative when we married. Then I grew up. ;) Our 50th is this December.

..... SEE !!!  it can happen,  ..... regardless of what they all said .......   :)

..........   Oh yea, ...... CONGRATULATIONS !!!!! ..........

:wub:

11 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

When she was born  her father was an Army Air Forces daptain flying in the Pacific.  His plane was a B-17D, the older type with the sharkfin vertical stabilizer and the bathtub belly gun that was replaced by the ball turret in later models.  Capt Kurtz named the plane, "The Swoose" after a song about Alexander, Half Swan, Half Goose.  (The plane is the only surviving D-model and is now at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.  When Kurtz learned he was the father of a baby girl, he insisted she be named "Swoosie".  When she grew up and became a famous actress, she kept the name...Swoosie Kurtz. :)

6c337c08f33659923fc211746c2c24e6.jpg

14 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

I found a book, Queens Die Proudly, that tells the story of the Swoose and her crew.  She became General Brereton's personal aircraft.

Duffield

On 5/28/2021 at 12:21 AM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Be glad you weren't named Richard Edward.   Everyone would call you Dick Ed!

..........Widder

I bought a condo from a woman who was in the army, her husband was stationed elsewhere. Hubby’s name was Richard Small.  Well you know how the army puts last name first, and mail might be addressed to Dick.

On 5/28/2021 at 2:04 AM, Sawhorse Kid said:

Some people just have unique or unfortunate names.

There is person at work by the name of Metallica.

Growing up I knew some kid by the name of Randy Dick.....these things just happen.

In 1957 went to school with a kid named Captain Kenion.  (think Steve Canyon comics)

I went to school with a kid named Richard Eder, you called him Rich if you knew what was good for you!! :lol: He was a tough guy!!

10 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

The plane is the only surviving D-model and is now at the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum.

The Swoose is now in Dayton, Ohio at the Air Force Museum for restoration.

Archived