SASS Wire Forum

New 87 from Cimarron soon!

Goody, SASS #26190

Just saw this on Facebook. 2 - 12 gauges initially with a 10 gauge to follow. Looks promising.

https://www.alloutdoor.com/2021/04/08/cimarron-unveils-1887-lever-action-shotgun/?fbclid=IwAR3Nur93DUpJ-hHpwPZaXcLSbNM4SsRHCUehAMTATLMQ_oGa06XIcugdDCM

25 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Where's it be'n made?

OLG 

China. He goes into that in the video. Really sounds promising. He says that they have already received 50 guns. Sent them to gunsmiths and said dissect these and make a list of everything you had to do for them to run reliably. Made a punch list from that and returned results to the factory. Says first container should be here in 90 to 120 days, the video is dated in April. Most of the 1500 guns are already spoken for, another container is supposed to follow shortly.

Parts Inventory?

Likely NOT!

Cat Brules

Ok had a Coyote Cap 87. Fun to shoot, but oh the train wrecks! I suppose had I practiced with it more would have gotten better. They are a good natural pointer. If you shoulder gun with action open you will be looking directly down the barrel. 

one problem I had was throwing the lever hard enough, and the full distance. One gets used to a short stroked 73 that operates with a flick of 2 fingers, and it’s hard to switch to the 87 (at least for me!) that being said, if the right deal came along I’d probably get another one. 

I checked Cimarron for an '87 and the only one I saw was about $1400 msrp. Yikes! They are supposedly going to have a field grade and a premium grade but only saw one reference. I would be interested in what Lassiter has to say about the new ones. I have a Chiappa and a Coyote Cap SE model, so I don't really need another. 

The premium model will have 26 inch barrels and screw chokes. The standard will be 20 inches and fixed Improved Cylinder. Both will be 3 inch chamber. Not much info on the 10 gauge was given, just that it will be along shortly. They are stocked with American Walnut.

16 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Purist that buys clones... Come on :lol:

I absolutely and completely LOATHE screw in chokes.  I've hated them since I first saw them in the mid 80's.   To see them in an old timey design like an  87, or a 97, it just doubly offensive to me.

Yes, I do own some clones of Winchester rifles.   But my Rossi is a pre safety model.  My Armi San Marco and Chiappa 92's don't have modern safeties either.  My Uberti made Henry and 66 seem to be fairly "accurate" recreations, caliber aside.

Same with my pistols.   Some of my Colt clones do have strange features not found on originals, but they can be had for a lot less money.   On the other hand, my reproductions of Smith and Wesson top breaks, again, caliber aside, seem to be close recreations of the original, so I don't mind paying more for them.

If this Cimarron with screw in chokes was half the price, I might be willing to look the other way, but with the screw ins, I'll pass.   For that kind of money, I want it to be more authentic.  And with a long barrel.

Besides, I loathe screw in chokes with a passion.   And a vengeance.  Did I mention that?

I am also weird.

I believe the base model (fixed choke) will run $500.00 delivered.

That certainly is a fair price.

They will take orders on the shipments no deposit required at this time. Delivery after the first of the year

Given the up and down history of 1887 and 1897 guns from China I hope that they come through.

Regards

Thank you to those who have severed in the Military 

Archived