SASS Wire Forum

What movie was so bad that you walked out of the theater, or changed the channel?

I like to think that I can judge whether or not I'll like a movie before I go and so I've only had to  walk out on two.   Ninety Two in the Shade   and Pulp Fiction . To this day I will NEVER understand why folks think PF is anything but pure crap.

2 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

I didn't go to the movie "Cats," but I walked out of the "Cats" live theater production at intermission.   I can understand why the movie bombed.

"Once Upon a Time in the West."  Walked out of the movie theater.

Good movies that I almost walked out of because they were so intense.

"Schindler's List"  That one troubled me so that I almost had to walk out.  Especially at the scene where the Nazi officer's pistol malfunctioned as he attempted to shoot a Jewish man in the head.  It was only because of my wife that I was able to stay.

"Passion of the Christ"   I knew it was going to be rough, but I determined to watch it to the end.  When I came out of the theater and hit the cold air, I realized my jaws were still clinched.

We took all but our youngest to Passion...we all walked away ftom the theater in silence, as did everyone in the theater.

It was a few days before we started talking about the movie.

I have it on DVD but have not watched it again.

A dear friend declined going with...she said "Darlin', I know how it turns out...I read the book"

A girlfriend coaxed an unknowing me to see The Crying Game.  I was out in 10-15 minutes.  She stayed and I went next door to a pub.  We broke up a short while later.

I won't watch a movie like High Noon or Firecreek.  Those settlers, cowboys and such were the product of a nation-splitting war and an expansion in the face of countless challenges.  Think of Northfield, MN when they took on the James and Younger gangs.

If there is anything that this thread proves, it’s that the Cowboy Action Shooting Community has wide and varied tastes!! :lol:

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

If there is anything that this thread proves, it’s that the Cowboy Action Shooting Community has wide and varied tastes!! :lol:

........... I'm not so sure about that ........   :huh:

17 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I thought we had no tastes at all... :lol:

43 minutes ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

I thought we had no tastes at all... :lol:

OOOIH, IDUNNO!!  I’ve been told that I taste pretty good!! :o  :lol:

22 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

The Sound of Music.

There was a span of a few hundred years in elementary school where we watched that at least once a year.  Least it seemed like it lasted a few hundred years.  Anyway, I wish like crazy I could have walked out. 

The only ones I ever walked out on in a theater was the Blair witch Project and the Hunger Games, and that was only because my girlfriend at the time (and later my wife) was getting sick from all the shaky cam.  I enjoyed both when I rewatched them later.  I have a high tolerance for bad movies.  There have been times I've turned off movies on planes and that was primarily because there were no english subtitles and I couldn't understand what they were saying.  Once I almost shut off Cabin Fever.  We rented it thinking it was a serious horror movie and it was terrible.  But somewhere between when we figured out it was a bad movie and we actually hit the stop button, it got funny.  If you look at the description now they claim to be a comedy horror film, but make no mistake, the director was trying to make a serious horror film.  That just makes it even funnier to me. 

This is what you missed if you shut off Cabin fever too soon. 

Pancakes Cabinfever GIF - Pancakes Cabinfever - Discover & Share GIFs

Eye Wide Shut.

Not walked out, it was a DVD rental. After about 15 minutes, I had no idea it there was a point to the movie, and even if there was a point I no longer cared. Ejected and put it back in the case.

Crash.

Another DVD rental. Left it on as my ex was watching it, but I was no longer into the story as soon as I realized it was a bunch of random events. That was the point of the movie, I think... Maybe.

Archived