SASS Wire Forum

Line up, no pushing or shoving; I'm sure there will be plenty for everyone.

CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — Australia’s oldest-ever man has included eating chicken brains among his secrets to living more than 111 years.

Retired cattle rancher Dexter Kruger on Monday marked 124 days since he turned 111, a day older than World War I veteran Jack Lockett was when he died in 2002.

Kruger told Australian Broadcasting Corp. in an interview at his nursing home in the rural Queensland state town of Roma days before the milestone that a weekly poultry delicacy had contributed to his longevity.

“Chicken brains. You know, chickens have a head. And in there, there’s a brain. And they are delicious little things,” Kruger said. “There’s only one little bite.”

:wacko::huh::blink:

Purty gusdusking.

CB   :blink:

I am 60 now. My body is just tore up. I don’t think I could survive living to a hundred. ;)

I sure as hell ain’t eatin’ chicken brains to get there! Or any other brains, or organ meat, or baby animals. 

When I was a kid we had a guy in our town that lived to 107. At 103 he broke his arm when he fell out of his Apple tree. It needed trimming. :lol:

His secret was eat well and have a small glass of whiskey and a cigar every day. 

It takes 312 of them to make a sandwich. 

Unless he's eating several hundred each day, I'm pretty sure that with the size they are,  chicken brains are not affecting his longevity at all.

Actually, chicken brains are not bad tasting.  In a rather traditional Chinese wedding, the head of the chicken is eaten.  Not bad, just something I would have not thought to eat.  Much like the head of a fish.  A little strong flavored, but edible. 

STL Suomi

Well, if that don't pluck the feather off your banana split, I don't know what does.

I can see it now...... you're driving down the road and the kids see a Chik-fa-La and

yell, "Hey Dad, we want some CHIK for lunch."

Ya pull into the drive thru and discover the weekly special is .... "Chik Brain on the bone"

and the sweet little kids order a 12 pack with diet coke and waffle fries.

WOW... gotta pick up 2 dozen and take grandma some!

..........Widder

9 hours ago, St. Louis Suomi SASS #31905 said:

Actually, chicken brains are not bad tasting.  In a rather traditional Chinese wedding, the head of the chicken is eaten.  Not bad, just something I would have not thought to eat.  Much like the head of a fish.  A little strong flavored, but edible. 

STL Suomi

......... NOT on my plate, ...... thank you anyway ......   :angry:

16 hours ago, Capt. R. Hugh Kidnme said:

It takes 312 of them to make a sandwich. 

Unless he's eating several hundred each day, I'm pretty sure that with the size they are,  chicken brains are not affecting his longevity at all.

I bet it would take a helluvalotofem to make a meal!

JHC :lol:

Archived