Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

San Jose light rail shooting!


Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

That is fake news.  Everyone knows that it's impossible to do anything criminal with a gun in California.......don't they?

That’s what I was thinking. Kalifornistan’s got way too many gun laws to allow a bad guy to have a gun :rolleyes:

On the other hand, hope things are ok.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 dead plus the shooter 

one of my club's lady cowboys works  at the VTA  light rail yard 

was glad to here from her husband she is safe working from  home 

It has been all the Bay area news has been covering since 7 am 

Shooters house was burning  and they found " Ammo"

waiting for the blame game to start 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What, how can that happen in CA?   They have background checks for gun and ammo, 10 rnd limits for magazines, a safe handgun roster, an AW ban, 50 cal ban, waiting periods, an effective no issue ccw program, and even a departments whose sole job it to remove guns from felons.  All those “common sense” laws should have surely stopped someone.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

the shooter  ( a VTA employee ) started fire at his house then drove the VTA  and started shooting at a union meeting 

the building is huge  it can hold 12 trains for repairs at lease 3 football field side by side 

no count of how many wounded 

ATF is now searching his house for bombs 

Guns and ammo have been found in it 

there had to be at least 300 cop cars on the scene 

locals are already calling for more gun control 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Chicago, last weekend:  54 shot, 12 dead.

 

City blames bordering states for not having more strict gun laws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just watched our Gov smiling and blaming guns 

shooter  must have used a handgun  just my guess cause they have not said assult rifle yet 

police where there in minutes  sheriff  dept is on the next block 

they heard shots being fired  then the gunman killed himself 

bomb squads from all over are helping search the huge building and 2 other building 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Still hand Bill said:

What, how can that happen in CA?   They have background checks for gun and ammo, 10 rnd limits for magazines, a safe handgun roster, an AW ban, 50 cal ban, waiting periods, an effective no issue ccw program, and even a departments whose sole job it to remove guns from felons.  All those “common sense” laws should have surely stopped someone.  

 

No matter how strict the gun laws are, to the gun haters they will never be strict enough. They will keep trying until private gun ownership of any form is prohibited for most people. I say "most" because the social and political elite will still have theirs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

My thoughts go out to the victims of this senseless crime and their loved ones. This just goes to show that every time you or your loved ones walk out that door...it may be the last time you ever see them. No gun law in the world is going to stop a criminal who is determined to carry out their crimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m NOT a conspiracy freak, but does it seem odd that this happened on the very day that hearings are in session in DC to confirm or deny the nomination of a gun hating lobbyist to run the USBATFE??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’m NOT a conspiracy freak, but does it seem odd that this happened on the very day that hearings are in session in DC to confirm or deny the nomination of a gun hating lobbyist to run the USBATFE??

And Joey Bribes is already called on Congress for gun control. Never let a crisis go to waste 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Chicago, last weekend:  54 shot, 12 dead.

 

City blames bordering states for not having more strict gun laws.

I blame poor form. Front sight! Front sight!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Captain Obvious here, but you’d think someone with half a brain would realize that the states that have the strictest gun laws have the most crime.  It seems at least to me that the pro gun states have less murders per capita.  If you’re a criminal you don’t care what laws are passed....that’s why you’re a criminal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Newcom said “What’s wrong with u? What’s wrong with this country?”

 

Obviously the liberal answer is guns. When in fact the answer is we do not put near enough emphasis in identifying, treating and when possible curing the mentally ill who may be prone to violence. But we will never get to the root of the problem I fear, Too much noise in the foreground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it’s negative thinking but I really think allot of the politicians and especially the news media like it when things like this happen. And the policies put forward by the politicians are generally what caused it in the first place . But ultimately it’s all our fault for not voting the SOB’s out . The 24/7 news cycle has turned the media into shills for the almighty dollar . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Captain Obvious here, but you’d think someone with half a brain would realize that the states that have the strictest gun laws have the most crime.  It seems at least to me that the pro gun states have less murders per capita.  If you’re a criminal you don’t care what laws are passed....that’s why you’re a criminal. 

Gun control isn't about guns, it's about control. There will always be Crazies that do Bad Things. Criminals will always be able to get guns. Politicians don't care about any of this any more than they think masks will stop a Covid. It's about getting the unwashed to do as we are told, and understand that only THEY should be able to make decisions for the rest of us.

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

 But ultimately it’s all our fault for not voting the SOB’s out . The 24/7 news cycle has turned the media into shills for the almighty dollar . 

We did vote them out. We didn't expect them to steal the election.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I know it’s negative thinking but I really think allot of the politicians and especially the news media like it when things like this happen. And the policies put forward by the politicians are generally what caused it in the first place . But ultimately it’s all our fault for not voting the SOB’s out . The 24/7 news cycle has turned the media into shills for the almighty dollar . 

 

No... not "our" fault.  Keep in mind that despite the oft-declared number of firearms in the country, most of the populace are not shooters, do not understand the "culture," and do not care.

 

We are very, very outnumbered.  Sadly, the NRA membership only represents about one and a half percent of our total population.   :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Chicago, last weekend:  54 shot, 12 dead.

 

City blames bordering states for not having more strict gun laws.

So, do they want to build a wall like we have to keep people from crossing the Mexican border, too?

 

Oh, wait, liberals are against that because it makes too much sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

 

No... not "our" fault.  Keep in mind that despite the oft-declared number of firearms in the country, most of the populace are not shooters, do not understand the "culture," and do not care.

 

We are very, very outnumbered.  Sadly, the NRA membership only represents about one and a half percent of our total population.   :( 

I meant our fault collectively. Not faulting NRA members . It’s pathetic the number of citizens that will not take the time to vote in the first place , then many that do vote won’t even spend any time to educate themselves on any of the issues. I guess that’s why I find it hard to argue with the old adage “you get the government you deserve “ . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just heard a report that says the animal that did the shooting was telling his ex-wife, and maybe others, that he wanted to "Shoot people at work", but she said nothing as she "didn't believe him."

Once again, inaction has cost lives. I realize that see/hear something, say something could easily be abused. But in this case, perhaps 9 people would be alive today if she had said something.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Clay Mosby said:

Just heard a report that says the animal that did the shooting was telling his ex-wife, and maybe others, that he wanted to "Shoot people at work", but she said nothing as she "didn't believe him."

Once again, inaction has cost lives. I realize that see/hear something, say something could easily be abused. But in this case, perhaps 9 people would be alive today if she had said something.

 

Speaking of inaction, years ago he was arrested for raping her. Nothing came of it. So much for these so-called "red flag" laws.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

 

Speaking of inaction, years ago he was arrested for raping her. Nothing came of it. So much for these so-called "red flag" laws.

It seems many times the people who commit crimes like this are known dirt bags . But it’s no surprise look at the people the “government” is releasing from prison due to the covid excuse and no cash bail programs . They are purposely chumming for monsters. Anymore I think they want as much chaos as possible in some areas of the country. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey, now... at least we can rest assured and feel safe with the knowledge that the bad guys, when caught, will be sent away for a LONG time in this state!  -_-

 

Right??  :huh:

 

[Click here.   And then, for fairness, click here for the NPR response.]

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I need five 30-round magazines for my rifle.

 

Cat Brules

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Hey, now... at least we can rest assured and feel safe with the knowledge that the bad guys, when caught, will be sent away for a LONG time in this state!  -_-

 

Right??  :huh:

 

[Click here.   And then, for fairness, click here for the NPR response.]

It seems NPR forgot about this: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/california-prisons-releasing-thousands-more-due-to-covid-19/ar-BB16AHfY

 

Typical…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/26/2021 at 12:24 PM, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Nobody needs more than 10 rounds of ammunition at a time.

 

There, I said it before they did. You can bet they will.

Lessee now, 10 rounds allowed in the magazine, eight dead.  The math doesn't work out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I need to get out of this state. 
 

THIS IS THE KIND OF MORON WE ARE UP AGAINST:

From the news piece @Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971posted:

"No one gun law can stop all shootings, but California’s network of strong gun laws has helped make it one of the safest states in the country," Jessica Blitchok, a volunteer with Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, said, the newspaper reported. "Even a state with strong gun laws like California, however, is only as safe as neighboring states with weak gun laws. That’s why we need bipartisan, federal action on gun safety."

 

What we need are laws that forbid “the stupid” from voting, from talking to the press, from having any position of control. There ought to be a citizenship test given to everyone at the age of 21. 
The test should be similar to the test given to police officers when they are trying to get on a force only geared toward weeding out stupidity and ignorance in the citizenry. 
Anyone found to be stupid, ignorant or  oblivious would be relegated to jobs that do not affect, effect or impact society except only in minimal ways. Like if they don’t show up for work someone doesn’t get their Caffe Mocha Latte Frappe Dumbassery Drinkee-Poo…

 

I am starting to believe the reason for California’s Prop 65 is to hopefully curb chemical retardation in the populace but I fear it’s 2 generations too late. 
 

Of course I know my recommendations would be mean and unenlightened, but I don’t care. When did the stupid and ignorant ever give a flying **** what I think?

 

Also, while we’re at it, what we need is a Communism Test. Those would be terminated or sent somewhere to live the life they desire if they pass the Stupidity and Ignorance Quotient Test. No chance at positions at Starbucks or Used Book Stores. 
 

Yep, instead of staying here I need to go somewhere and build on the Conservative nature of another surrounding state that the Commies and the Stupid want to infect through Federal Action. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.