SASS Wire Forum

Driveway alert sensors/monitors/receivers

Here's what we have, pards. 

A. semi-circle drive that allows you to enter/leave by the front of the house.

B. Straight drive that hooks up to one end of the semi-circle drive. This takes you back in the property to our two outbuildings.

So I figure I will need sensors to cover A and B, and 3 receivers (house and two out buildings) for notifications.

If you have any of these driveway sensor set ups, would appreciate hearing your experience with them.

Or any suggestions on how to set them up also.

Thanking you in advance.

LDD

P.S. The other issue is that if I am back in the barn, and my monitor beeps, will I know which sensor was activated?  Which way the car entered the property.

I  have had several "consumer"  versions.  The only one that works well is from Miltronics in NH. The "long range" unit works very well. You can get 4 sensors and as many receivers as you wish. Also a portable hand held type receiver. 

I like covert wireless trail cameras.   I get a notice of anything that moves with a picture and each camera has its own name so the notification tells me which camera went off.  

Barn, driveway, etc

I have lunch at a local restaruant that has a talking alarm system.

The place has 4 doors.

When a door opens, the systems will say something like, "Back East Door", "Front West Door", etc.

The problem I see is if you do not hear the complete message the first time, you don't know which door.

I have several different systems  a camera that sends a pic to my phone when somebody enters the drive.  As well as a bull at the end of the drive.  He bellows anytime someone passes his pen which sets off the dogs which generally lets me know to pick up my phone because I'm about to get a notice from the camera. 

Talk with your local security alarm company and get professional advice!

I've used the ones that Sportsman's Guide sells for around $60. They've worked great from around 400 feet for the first year and then seem to just lose the distance. If I bring the parts together they seem to work, but down the driveway, not so much. Save your funds on these, I've tried 3 different sets with the same results.

Archived