SASS Wire Forum

it's that time of year here in Colorado

This week the Colorado Parks & Wildlife Dept is drawing their big game hunting tags. I have applied for Deer and Elk. Hope I am successful! Want to fill the freezer this fall.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Good luck!

Thanks. I should get an either sex elk tag too. If I get some meat, I'll send some your way.

21 hours ago, Big Sage, SASS #49891 Life said:

Got drawn for my buck deer tag. Have to wait and see about elk.

Shanley (and 2 of the 4 sons) finally got a draw in North West NM...for Deer.

I am excited, and so sure, I am going to clear the freezer!

Good luck to you!

We are ready to become CO residents and start drawing in CO!

20 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

New Mexico sucks.Haven't drawn anything for years.

Largo

We were told if you 'skip' entering even one year, you go back to the 'zero' point.:blink:

Just buy tags in Missouri. There is drawing for Elk and Bear. Got two bucks and two doe's last year. First goes to me, rest to needy people I know. County I live in doe's are $7 tag all you can get. Had three in my back yard this morning.

10 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

We were told if you 'skip' entering even one year, you go back to the 'zero' point.:blink:

I drew elk 4 years in a row here in New Mexico, missed one and then drew again. That’s 5 in 6 for elk which all tags were filled, then I hit a long drought for elk. Guess I used up my elk mojo:lol::lol:

(Looking at the 5x6 non typical hanging over my sofa) ;)

Did draw a private landowner antelope tag from game and fish last year....there was  4 tags for 69,000 acres. Had a blast and tagged the 1st day.

It has become a crap shoot to draw lately:(

Didn’t get my elk tag in Wyo. again! Put in for late season mule deer, have 14 preference points, hopefully it’s my year for that one!  SCJ

9 hours ago, Captain Clark said:

I drew elk 4 years in a row here in New Mexico, missed one and then drew again. That’s 5 in 6 for elk which all tags were filled, then I hit a long drought for elk. Guess I used up my elk mojo:lol::lol:

(Looking at the 5x6 non typical hanging over my sofa) ;)

Did draw a private landowner antelope tag from game and fish last year....there was  4 tags for 69,000 acres. Had a blast and tagged the 1st day.

It has become a crap shoot to draw lately:(

A young ,avid hunter here...also a HS teacher and number cruncher has worked out an aglarythum (?) that has shown most will draw out every 4 years.

Several draw each year because of arms used...

Several draw because of area...

It is interesting.

He believes a group hunt may hamper your chances (say you are a group of 4, and only 3 tags left) but to enter single, 2 that wish to hunt together may draw out the same time, seperate area, ect.

Very interesting...

But, wish over the counter were back in play.

10 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

He believes a group hunt may hamper your chances (say you are a group of 4, and only 3 tags left) but to enter single, 2 that wish to hunt together may draw out the same time, seperate area, ect.

Very interesting...

The  2 states I hunt most (Colorado & Wyoming)( both will issue the number of tags  to satisfy a group draw no matter how many tags are left.  They just issue the extra tags disregarding the number left.

Archived