SASS Wire Forum

A Trip to the Mall

Trying to kill some time today so I decided to go to the mall to see how covid has impacted the place.  Pretty dead.  Lots of closed stores.  I had read that the Apple stores were open again so I wanted to look at a new IPhone and Mac as both of mine are so old they can't be updated.  Huge store with an all glass front.  The center, at least 40 feet wide, was open so I started in.  A yound fellow came running up asking if I had an appointment.  I said no I was just wanted to look at some new products.  He said I was going in the exit and needed to go down to the other end to the entrance and that I could not get in without a mask.  The entrance looked pretty much like the exit and I was not wearing a mask as they are no longer rerquired in my state so I said a few un-kind things and left.

As I wandered around I saw a new store (which I don't think will be around in a few more weeks) and saw something amazing.  A store where you can PAY to take a selfie of yourself.  It has about a dozen brightly lit cubicles with smiley faces on other "neat" things on the wall that you can go into and take your own picture.  I know and I am old fuddy duddy but this is idiotic.

IMG_1882.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Chili Ron said:

Howdy,

Just one comment: pet rock.

Best

CR

My parents bought me 10 pet rocks. They even bought me a vest to put them in so I wouldn't lose them while I was swimming.:o

I just upgraded my iPhone 5 to an iPhone SE 2020. It has the same buttons as the 5, is the smaller size of an 8 but has the inside operations of an 11. Only $400 plus tax. My 5 had gotten difficult to charge and several apps had stopped working and it could not be updated.

30 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

My parents bought me 10 pet rocks. They even bought me a vest to put them in so I wouldn't lose them while I was swimming.:o

Sort of like when your parents move while you are at school and don't leave a forwarding address.:wacko:

2 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Sort of like when your parents move while you are at school and don't leave a forwarding address.:wacko:

Better than being left at the Grand Canyon.;)

Number 1: I'm still rockin' a flip phone. I make calls and take the occasional picture. Anything I need to do at a computer will just have to wait until I'm AT a computer. My life's not that fast paced that it won't wait. 

Number 2 : I don't go to malls because they won't let my gun in. If I HAVE to, (malls are about the only place to see a movie these days), I go CCW, but I won't shop there out of principal.

Our I-mac is a 2008 model, it's as upgraded as far as it can go. If something happens, gonna be expensive to replace it. Wife's running an I-Phone 8 which replaced her 5-C when they stopped supporting them. SIL has an I-Phone 11 which we had to get her because she completely mangled her I-Phone 8 in a powered lift chair( long story). We ended going to the Summit Mall Apple store to get hers set up as she completely forgot all her pass words and managed to get the phone locked. Had to make appointments to get into there. While there,I priced new Macs, and discovered they didn't have provision for CD's anymore. Style-wise they looked more or less just like my 2008 model. My phone is a flip model CoolPad, didn't want anything that was smarter than me.:blink::(:rolleyes::blush:

My Iphone is a 6 and it won't take many new upgrades.  My Mac is a 2013.  2014 is the oldest that will upgrade to the latest software.  Technology changes.  I bought an original Mac in 1984,  It was an eight bit with a 128K memory.  A pocket calculator has more power than that these days.  I just traded in my 2013 car.  The technology in the new one is astonishing.  It does things that scared me the first time it did it.  Getting older I figured I needed a car that could help me as much as possible.  It is goofy but I really like the GPS.  It shows a standard map but also has an "augmented reality" mode where it actually shows the road just like you are looking out the windshield.  It superimposes street names and arrows pointing where to turn on an actual image of your surroundings.

I haven’t been in a Mall since many years before Covid. Probably before flat screen TVs.

When it is 115 degrees the malls are a good place to be able to walk around without getting sunstroke.  Many open early so the old pharts can walk around in the morning before the stores open.

3 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

When it is 115 degrees the malls are a good place to be able to walk around without getting sunstroke.  Many open early so the old pharts can walk around in the morning before the stores open.

I was just there today for a walk. It was too hot to walk outside. Me and a couple buddies of mine meet every Sunday at the mall for coffee and to people watch and solve the world’s problems. 

We are mall-less here.

Is that a real word?

9 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

We are mall-less here.

Is that a real word?

Now it is!!:P

Archived