SASS Wire Forum

All Business in the Front and a Party in the Back

Sedalia Dave

Return of the mullet? 1 in 5 men want to BRING BACK the hairdo disaster!

Calling all the Joe Dirt fans out there: a new study finds the mullet is ready to make a comeback! One in five American men say they’re ready to bring back the hairstyle that’s all business in the front and a party in the back.

In a survey of 2,000 men, 20 percent said that if they could bring one popular hairstyle from a bygone decade back into fashion, it would be the classic ’80s mullet. The ’90s “curtain bangs” (15%) and the 2010s “undercut” (10%) followed closely behind.

Even though 39 percent of men have dabbled in adding highlights to their hair — making it the most popular coloring technique in the poll — it was also the least-liked hair trend of the entire survey. In fact, highlights actually ranked just under the infamous “frosted tips” look.

Rofl Roflmao GIF - Rofl Roflmao Lol GIFs

Laugh clipart belly, Picture #1514441 laugh clipart belly

Huh?

Cat Brules

Except for the “mullet” I have no idea what this haircuts are or what they look like. 
I didn’t even know that the mullet was called “the mullet” until the early 2010’s. In the late 80’s I had kind of a cross between a mullet and a lion’s mane haircut. 
One day at the range in 1991 I let some of my hair get between my rifle butt and my shoulder when shooting my Garand. If you’ve never experienced a recoil induced “rooster tail” I can assure that you don’t want one. It flippin’ hurt!

I went to the barber the next day and got a short haircut. I have kept my hair fairly short since.

I looked up those other haircuts. 

Curtain Bangs? No dice. Sissy-boy or a punk’s haircut,
image.jpeg.47767cb2ad021865e9af103d1e83eb3b.jpeg

Undercut? Looks like a Depression Era butch cut. Like one couldn’t afford a real haircut. 
image.thumb.jpeg.977126f225ff4942f1c6c4641175a163.jpeg

Back in the 90’s (1990’s) I found this gorgeous blond hair stylist in a shop in Escondido and she talked me into a mullet. I really liked it but Mrs. Lose not so much. I don’t know if she didn’t like the mullet or didn’t like the mullet maker (hair stylist) because she had a business issue with her in the past. I’m contemplating getting another now that they’re becoming popular again, but by a different barber this time around.

Many bad cuts out there!!!

Our boys went through phases...but most were 'fades' (what we call high and tight).

My oldest always liked to keep hair...never past the shoulder and never shaggy...

I chose this photo of the youngest son...just because he has a beautiful wife!!!

20210524_112321.jpg

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Return of the mullet? 1 in 5 men want to BRING BACK the hairdo disaster!

Calling all the Joe Dirt fans out there: a new study finds the mullet is ready to make a comeback! One in five American men say they’re ready to bring back the hairstyle that’s all business in the front and a party in the back.

In a survey of 2,000 men, 20 percent said that if they could bring one popular hairstyle from a bygone decade back into fashion, it would be the classic ’80s mullet. The ’90s “curtain bangs” (15%) and the 2010s “undercut” (10%) followed closely behind.

Even though 39 percent of men have dabbled in adding highlights to their hair — making it the most popular coloring technique in the poll — it was also the least-liked hair trend of the entire survey. In fact, highlights actually ranked just under the infamous “frosted tips” look.

Laugh clipart belly, Picture #1514441 laugh clipart belly

I'd sooner take all my hair off with a belt sander than wear a mullet.

16 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

The day before his first hair cut.

Was he quiet during the haircut? ;)

Grandma braided it. Went over like a fart in church with his mom. I almost finished the cut when I saw it. But heh, I had a mullet too back in the day.

IMG_20210520_181536020.jpg

7 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Yup. Watched Little Bear and he was good to go!

That’s great. :)

My Mom told me I fought tooth and nail kicking and screaming for my first haircut. At the end the barber gave me a lollipop. My Mom said there were no issues afterwards because before the next haircut she told me if I was good I would get a lollipop. She said she made sure my two brothers knew about lollipops before their first cut so she wouldn’t be embarrassed by another episode at the barber with any more of her sons. :lol:

Years later when I was in my twenties I was at a barber shop / hair salon. A lady brought in her twin boys for haircuts. As soon as she sat the first boy down and the barber started to cut that kid started screaming and kicking. I walked out and went into a nearby store and bought a bag of lollipops. I went back in the barber shop and that kid was still crying and fussing about. 
I opened the bag of lollipops and showed him one and said If you’re a good boy and sit still for your haircut you get a lollipop. 
That was it. The boy was as calm as anything for the rest of his haircut. 
I told the barber he should always keep candy for little kids. He thanked me and I left. 
The next time I went back there he had a neat silver candy dish full of lollipops. He gave me one when I left “for being a good boy”. :D

Don't know if it has anything to do with his having not only a mullet but also a full beard, but Colorado Rockies right fielder Charlie Blackmon has a lot of pop in his bat, and heaven help a runner that tries to stretch a base hit to a double when "Chuck Nasti" rifles one back to the infield! B)

I can deal take a mullet a whole lot better than I can the Hitler Youth haircut that's been in vogue the last few years.  Every time I see some guy with the side and the back of his head cut down to whitewalls and a long mop of hair on the top, I picture the Nazi propaganda clips from WW2 in my head.

Since the man-bun is going away, why don't they get real original and come up with something truly different like....

he hive.jpg

14 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

I can deal take a mullet a whole lot better than I can the Hitler Youth haircut that's been in vogue the last few years.  Every time I see some guy with the side and the back of his head cut down to whitewalls and a long mop of hair on the top, I picture the Nazi propaganda clips from WW2 in my head.

Since the man-bun is going away, why don't they get real original and come up with something truly different like....

he hive.jpg

The heave?

14 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Since the man-bun is going away,

I sure hope so. Man, am I sick of seeing that crap. I saw a guy at Costco the other day with a man bun that was definitely into his mid-50’s. 
I literally got in his way, looked at his man bun, looked him in the eye and said “Seriously? How old are you?”

His wife giggled. He gave me a dirty look and I walked away. Sheesh! What a Maroon!

23 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I I had hair I might could give it a try :D

This ^^^^^ :D

Although I’m too old to try any of the above ‘doo’s  :ph34r:

42 minutes ago, Derringer Dan said:

This ^^^^^ :D

Although I’m too old to try any of the above ‘doo’s  :ph34r:

Just this week I gave up the fight of trying to keep “normal” length hair and went back to a “tight” style.  Easier to keep and it and I actually think it looks better.

1 hour ago, Tequila Shooter said:

Just this week I gave up the fight of trying to keep “normal” length hair and went back to a “tight” style.  Easier to keep and it and I actually think it looks better.

Hubby got a haircut last week. The guy ahead of him said, "just give me a No. 2." He was done in no time.

I Googled and found, "The number 2 haircut is one of the most popular clipper sizes because it is regularly used for faded sides and buzz cuts. Slightly longer than the number 1 at 1/4 of an inch in length, the number 2 is still very short yet doesn't expose your scalp.Apr 6, 2021 "

https://www.menshairstylesnow.com/haircut-numbers/

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hubby got a haircut last week. The guy ahead of him said, "just give me a No. 2." He was done in no time.

I Googled and found, "The number 2 haircut is one of the most popular clipper sizes because it is regularly used for faded sides and buzz cuts. Slightly longer than the number 1 at 1/4 of an inch in length, the number 2 is still very short yet doesn't expose your scalp.Apr 6, 2021 "

https://www.menshairstylesnow.com/haircut-numbers/

I got that cut all through grade school.

5 hours ago, Tequila Shooter said:

I’ve been running the #1 clipper for the last 7 or 8 years. Way easier to keep things maintained. My pretty wife does the clipping  ;)

Archived