SASS Wire Forum

Uberti 341260, 1873 carbine in 44 mag is OOP

bgavin

The 44 Mag is available in all models.  They do not list them, but, any FFL can order you one.  It will take several months to get it due to the low volume in that caliber.

I'm curious why it was removed from their web site.
When I bought mine in March of 2020, it was still on their page.

It took some digging, but I did find mine at Kentucky Gun Co.
They put a ding in the stock when they shipped it, so I called Uberti.
They said it was manufactured in 2014, so it sat in the KGC warehouse for 6 years as NOS.

The parts catalog shows an octagonal barrel for the 1873 44 mag, but the catalog and web page did not.
It has also been removed from the 2021 Uberti catalog.

1 hour ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I still wish I'd bought the one I saw in .44 Special a few years ago.

Big mistake that was.

Why?  Until the recent craziness, new ones have been in stock and available about 90% of the time.

• 4 weeks later...

I just started looking for one. Can’t get Cimarron to return my call. I’ve called them about availability 3 times. I think I may just end up buying a 92. I’ve been shooting a 92 in 45 Colt for 20 years….there’s that: -)

19 hours ago, Gunleather, SASS #46543 said:

I just started looking for one. Can’t get Cimarron to return my call.

I called them yesterday and they answered on the 2nd ring. I called them around 11:00am central time. keep trying, they are there.

They shipped my order the same day.

The 44 mag 1873's only hold 9 rounds from the factory. I have a 44spl that holds 10 and I should have kept the other ones i had in the past ( this is my 3rd one). 

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, JustinHip said:

The 19” 44mag carbine will

Hold 10 Without mods. It’s my main match rifle

Same here, my son shoots this rifle also and I reload his ammo. Full length 44 magnum.

I ordered a Cimarron/Uberti about three years ago, from my dealer, in .44 special caliber. 

I received it a year and a half later. This was way before the virus/buying insanity/backlogs we have today. 

I wasn't upset, or anything, I just knew it would take a while...and it did.

Whether he knew what he was talking about, or not, he told me that they make a caliber, for a bit, then stop production of that caliber, and begin production on a different caliber, and sooner or later they will produce the caliber I requested. If anyone knows for sure, please post, and I am sure you will.

Some sites take them off their lists, if they are out of stock, or backordered. Some don't. Just sayin' if it isn't on the inventory list, that may not mean they have discontinued it.  

Best to just check with your dealer, and see if he can order one. 

Archived