SASS Wire Forum

In and Out 4x4 Animal style

Dirty Dog Doug

Yes they are a Heart attack in wrapper 

No I have never finished one without something falling apart 

Yes they are still legal in California ..  for now 

in and out animal style.jpg

Imagine being pulled over by Newsom’s police while eating one of these and driving an internal combustion car with a firearm in the trunk!  You’d probably never see the light if day again. 

Seamus

21 minutes ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Imagine being pulled over by Newsom’s police while eating one of these and driving an internal combustion car with a firearm in the trunk!  You’d probably never see the light if day again. 

Seamus

And don't forget drinking a soda through a plastic straw! :blink:

14 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Once I  tried a 2 x 2.  I  can't imagine trying a 4 x 4.

just once??

even a double double is 2 hands eating job

now for even bigger burger you cant pick up and eat 

from Surf city dinner $25 

surf city burger.jpg

10 minutes ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

just once??

even a double double is 2 hands eating job

now for even bigger burger you cant pick up and eat 

from Surf city dinner $25 

surf city burger.jpg

Just once.  I don't understand the mania for huge sandwiches that you can't eat even holding in two hands (I prefer a one-handed sandwich).  Or that fall apart, or get half the ingredients running down your arm when you try to eat them.

I heard people rave about In-N-Out for years before one finally opened in my area, when I finally visited and ordered a meal I thought it was pretty mediocre for how much hype there was. Their fries are a great disappointment, being too thin and dry compared to similar burger chains.

It's getting to the point of ridiculous. BK's Whopper is a piker compared to some these, same thing with Rally's Big Buford. The Bufords are tough to get through without getting pretty messy. But not nearly as big as whats pictured here.:blink::rolleyes::blush:

so old I remember when   Jumbo Jack was too big to eat 

old pic of a Double Double ... if eaten with 2 hands and keeping the wrapper on they can be eaten with no mess .. ok not a big mess

IMG_0465.JPG

19 hours ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Seamus

Put a Nixon's The one bumper sticker on your rig, right next the the Reagan and Trump stickers.  You get the royal treatment then.

I tried the Arby’s half pound beef and cheddar on the way home from a gig last night.  Ordered it without that nasty red sauce and with extra cheddar.  I managed to get it out of the box using two hands. Bit off most of the meat that was hanging off of the bun. I realized that the cheese was running off into my hands and put it back into the box.  I drove on home and finished it off when I got there, using a fork, eating it from the box.

Some of these sandwiches, today, are part of the reason folks are overweight!  I didn’t get fries or anything else and I was too full when I finished.  I should’ve eaten about half of it and saved the rest for later.

In high school, after football practice 2 of the 4x4's was not uncommon.  In and Out #1 was just down the block from my high school.  Ate like that with no consequences when I was seventeen.  Now a days, I just get the cheeseburger (animal style of course)... the double double is just too much food.

Unless a burger runs down your arm it can't be good.  In&out is good. I like a what Burger. And if you go to Arby's get a meat mountain its every piece of meat they sell on a bun. 

ARB17_MeatMountain_silo-1024x1004.jpg

The wife & I have been eating In-N-Out since the San Ramon store opened.  I believe it was the 1st in the SF Bay Area.  It is located two blocks north of the 580 Crow Canyon exit on San Ramon Valley blvd.  The back fence is the freeway boundary fence.  For a couple of years at lunch & diner the drive through line blocked the no. 1 north bound lane.  The city police had to station an officer there to keep traffic moving.   After clicking on a click bait link re. off menu items at In-N-Out I had to try both the burger & fries animal style; since I prefer cooked onions & love chili cheese fries with chopped onions.  I still order burgers animal style but I couldn't finish the fries.  They gave me an upset stomach.  If I am especially hungry I will order a double double & pass on the fries.

For those of us that don't live in California, and therefore do not have a close by In-N-Out Burger, exactly what is a 4x4? Or a 2x2? What does animal style mean?

see the pics 2x2 is double burger a good meal  4

4x4 are very rarely ordered just about impossable to eat one without it falling apart 

animal is no lettuce or tomatos  just onions 

16 hours ago, Alpo said:

For those of us that don't live in California, and therefore do not have a close by In-N-Out Burger, exactly what is a 4x4? Or a 2x2? What does animal style mean?

https://www.in-n-out.com/menu/not-so-secret-menu

4 x 4:

Our 4x4® or Quad Quad® has four 100% American beef patties, hand-leafed lettuce, tomato, spread, four slices of American cheese, with or without onions, stacked high on a freshly baked bun

Animal Style:

Burger of your choice with hand-leafed lettuce, tomato, a mustard cooked beef patty; add pickle, extra spread with grilled onions

Just got some DQ yesterday, wife was craving a brownie batter Blizzard. She got chicken strips box, I ordered the Alaskan fish sandwich. However, I ended up with two 1/3 lb. cheeseburgers and fries. How they mixed my order up beats me. Went through the the Drive-thru, there was also shrimp in my box. Go figure! Anyway, I was only able to eat one of the burgers, the other went into the fridge.:rolleyes::blink::blush:

On 5/23/2021 at 3:01 PM, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

Seamus

Make it a Tesla...At least it can steer for you...While you eat...

Texas Lizard

Archived