SASS Wire Forum

Rem #11 caps???

G W Wade

Found a guy with 2 boxes of Rem #11 caps for trade.    My friend needs Rem #10 but we don't know what #11's are used for. One source says same as Rem #10 but shorter skirt.   Plus picture shows a box like regular primers, not tins!!   Next question is how old could these be.   See a lot of really old stuff dug out of storage due to shortages.     Thanks    GW

Can’t say how old yours might be, but Remington was making #11s at their Lonoke, Arkansas plant within the past couple of years.  I bought some from a buddy CAS shooter who worked there.

kR comes thru in a pimch    That's pard   Hoping to see you and Shirt Tail this summer        GW

49 minutes ago, Tucker McNeely said:

http://guntoters.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Percussion-Caps-and-Nipples2.pdf

Mako’s chart shows the #11s are shorter than #10s.

Thanks Tucker    The link was interesting read      GW                 Hope to see you down the trail

What I have been doing the past few years with Slix nipples is use #10 Remingtons for the first two stages.  After the nipples are dirty I switch to #11s.  Works well and helps ensure the cap is fully seated on a dirty nipple.

Slix Shot nipples appear to have a slight taper,but the Rem#11 seem to bang just as well as the# 10"s. I always seat caps with a antler tip for peace of mind.

Thanks everyone who replied.   Question is solved         GW

I use Rem. 11's on my Traditions muzzle loader and on my 1860's with Track of the Wolf nipples.

Archived