SASS Wire Forum

Hey, Joe...

Svengoolie has a real winner tonight ~ King Kong Escapes!  :lol:

I might have to hit the whiskey locker before I can do that one.  :unsure:

4 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

I remember that one!!!

Had nightmares about giant Apes for years!

I'm sure Svengoolie with get to it sooner or later, but The Mysterians was the one that gave a six- or seven-year-old Hardpan nightmares. :o

The Royals won so the missus can watch “Homeland” or “Madam Secretary” or whatever.

Tomorrow is the second five stages of May Mayhem.  Gotta get ready for a shootin’ match!

2 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I'm sure Svengoolie with get to it sooner or later, but The Mysterians was the one that gave a six- or seven-year-old Hardpan nightmares. :o

Thanks,  Hardpan.   I  had managed to forget about that one for 50 years.  Saw it on the Saturday afternoon bad sifi/horror show. Hostess was a Morticia look alike. 

18 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Oh my goodness...YES!!!

I remember...

This is funny, I believe we watched this one night, and the very night therexwas an earthquake! Shook the bed and things fell off walls.

In NM , mind you!!!

I thought they had come for me!!!

10 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Oh my goodness...YES!!!

I remember...

This is funny, I believe we watched this one night, and the very night therexwas an earthquake! Shook the bed and things fell off walls.

In NM , mind you!!!

I thought they had come for me!!!

U sure that was an earthquake?

kR

I was sitting around a small fire last night and looked up to see RODAN streak across the sky.

If RODAN ever meets up with the big ape, its gonna be Katie Bar The Door.

..........Widder

I love those old cheesy films...
We found a $7 DVD of "Atlantis the Lost Continent" from the early 60s, and added it to the video library.

There were 2 movies that scared the beejeebers out of me as a little kid.

First one was either The Haunting of Hill House (1959, USA) or The Haunting (UK 1963), but I'd bet on the 2nd one.  Both based on the same novel, Brits of that era did horror so much better.  There most be a dozen movies based on that book,  plus one short lived TV series. 

The other was the 1957 (? 1959?), The Killer Shrews. Usual base storyline,  scientist on secluded Island creates flesh eating mosters by mistake,  innocent people get attacked,  other scientist and love interest save the day.

What struck the 6 or 7 year old me was the similarly to the mice that were in abundance in the fields around us that year.

Things that would be too scary for horror movies:

Ticks

Lice

Gophers (ever seen a gopher turn and fight when cornered?)

I  mean,  there are movies about ants, wasps, grasshoppers,  praying mantis, snakes, rabbits, and other critters, but not those 3.

Saw the previews for this one at the drive in back in the day. I was afraid of it as I was of all horror movies back then.  My brother couldn’t stop laughing at me being scared of Zas Zas Gabor!  

Seamus

AB6D25C8-0EA6-4F63-872F-CE5D62E8FC4C.jpeg

Archived