SASS Wire Forum

Ruger 10/22 broke

Trigger Mike

A few years ago I bought the NRA edition of the takedown model and a year after that I gave it to my oldest son for his birthday.  He used it constantly for squirrels, shooting for fun, etc.  He fired countless rounds out of it.  Imagine the fun a boy with a 22 and 100 acres can have.  

Lately he has been complaining it was not accurate.   This boy can hit a small target with it from 200 yards.  It began to rattle at the magazine and where the barrel connects.  I fired it and said it is fine.  Maybe you need to go back to the fundamentals of shooting.   It just got worse. 

Yesterday we were out and he missed a large target at 100.  He was really upset.  I looked at it and the receiver broke off .  Never seen a gun do that before.

20210522_082814.jpg

Ruger will stand behind it !

Howdy,

On a slightly different angle....just buy another 10/22.

THAT one just might be a collector item.

I would love to take a real close look at it.

Not quite enuf to drive there tho.

More pix if you are so inclined.

I bet Ruger will fix it for a very reasonable price unless its been

abused. And maybe even then.

Shooting a gun that rattles? WOW.

Best

CR

Me thinks you may want to ask what he whacked with it…or perhaps he may have fallen on it? I think Ruger might ask when they see it. 

Just looked at my take down 10-22 

no cracks so far! it looks like a easy repair with the right parts 

I like the take down because the case is so small but having to use the stock barrel  is pain 

Good luck 

Ruger, nor any other professional gunsmith is going to try to repair that damage.  Right now it’s scrap and it’s going to stay scrap.

Buy a new rifle and see what Ruger will do to offset the damage on the gun you have.  I doubt they will offer you a different gun.  If anything,, they might give you credit toward buying one or something like that.

Cat Brules

Archived