SASS Wire Forum

Unintended Consequences

This is almost funny.  Almost...

Roughly three-quarters of the counties in California are experiencing severe drought conditions.  As it's still mid-Springtime, Cal Fire is predicting an even worse fire season this year than 2020.

The Governor has implemented policies that release a really large number of inmates from state prisons well before their sentences are served.

On tonight's news report they have connected these two nuggets of information - it seems that Cal Fire relies heavily on inmate volunteers to fight fires.

Well, guess what...!  Cal Fire is looking at a pretty significant shortage of "volunteers" this year.  :wacko:

Remember ~ Only YOU Can Prevent Forest Fires!

1899878185_EmperorNewsom.png.4176fd71a23de82a302af29a71c57088.png

I wonder how many of those released prisoners are reverting to crime once they’re back out on the street? Maybe the State California vets the prisoners and only release the “safe“ prisoners?  I hope that’s happening, anyway.

Cat Brules

Hey, maybe it's a opportunity for the "undocumented immigrants to get a start toward citizenship. Fight fires, gain citizenship. Base it on some kind of point system. Fight fires for one month equals 10 points. 100 points gains a "green card".  At least they'd be doing something productive for the Country

I have no words….

There is a reason for Prop 65.

Trying to stop retardation via chemical bans is much too late. 

7 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Roughly three-quarters of the counties in California are experiencing severe drought conditions. 

The Governor has implemented policies that release a really large number of inmates from state prisons well before their sentences are served.

I worked on the CDCR records system when it was being upgraded from the C-File (paper) to electronic records.
We were told the release of prisoners is court-mandated due to chronic overbooking (hot bunking) of the prisons.

Illegals make up a big percentage of the inmate population.
CA cannot deport them.. only the Feds can do that.
The Feds won't take them into Fed prisons, so CA houses them.
The Feds won't pay for their incarceration, so CA pays for that also.

This is one of many reasons why both conservatives and water supplies are fleeing from CA.
Last year, our AQI was over 500 during the fires... massive lung cancer coming in the next decade.
I bought a bunch of Walmart 20" box fans, and a few cases of MERV-13 air filters.
I run these throughout the house, and in the bedroom window when it is open at night.
The amount of soot they collect is staggering... otherwise being filter by our lungs.

The very first thing I think of when I read “unintended consequences” is government....no doubt about it.  Although some of it is so obvious to anyone not in government, it has made me question if they really are that stupid, or just play dumb and pass things to cause what they really want and are crazy like a fox.

California male inmates able to identify as female comes to mind....

6 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

I wonder how many of those released prisoners are reverting to crime once they’re back out on the street? Maybe the State California vets the prisoners and only release the “safe“ prisoners?  I hope that’s happening, anyway.

Cat Brules

Most of the fires we see in our area are from homeless on the river in the Bosque.

In Colorado it is campfires left smoldering...

Sooooo....

How many of these inmates will be finding shelter in the outskirts?

Archived