SASS Wire Forum

Up the Creek Gang 5-Gun Raffle Drawing this Saturday!

Hellbender

Howdy Folks,

If you were one of those who bought any of those 1,000 raffle tickets we sold for the 5 guns to raise money to rebuild our hurricane-destroyed cowboy town, make sure you watch the video of the drawing that will be posted here on Saturday, May 22.  The drawing will take place that day during our annual members meeting which starts at 10am central time, and I'll have the video posted sometime that afternoon.  

After I post the video, then I'll start phoning the winners.  I'll call the 5 winners in the order their tickets were drawn, but if you are one of those lucky winners there may be a delay in hearing from me, the reason being that I need to find out which gun the first place winner wants before I call the second place winner, and so on down the line, and I can't call down the line until I make contact with those up the line first.  Best case scenario, all the winners will have watched the video, know they were a winner, and will be at their phones waiting for my call.  Worst case scenario, it could take me days to make contact with the first place winner, and that would put all the other winners on hold.  We'll just have to see how this plays out.

As a reminder, in the raffle we've got an 1873 Uberti 357 magnum with action job, an 1894 Winchester in 44 magnum with engraving by Aspen Filly, an 1892 Rossi in 44 magnum, a 12 gauge side-by-side Baikal with engraving by Aspen Filly, and an 1887 IAC lever action 12 gauge.

Best of luck to everyone who bought tickets!

Hellbender

President, Up the Creek Gang

Thanks for the reminder, Hellbender.  How's about if I just PM you my choice now, so that you don't have to waste time calling me and you can get right to calling the next place winner?    :D

49 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Thanks for the reminder, Hellbender.  How's about if I just PM you my choice now, so that you don't have to waste time calling me and you can get right to calling the next place winner?    :D

So, you feel lucky, real lucky, I mean REAL lucky? :rolleyes:

I’m feeling so lucky I’ll probably win 2! 

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

I’m feeling so lucky I’ll probably win 2! 

only 2? ;)

1 minute ago, Hellbender said:

only 2? ;)

I dont want to be greedy! 

Hellbender,

I will check the video and my phone all day!!!

Just so you have it, my picks in order first are the  1873, Baikal, 1887, 1894, 1892. :rolleyes:

Please ship all together to save shipping.

Caladisi Kid  :)

I might still be at Cherokee Cowboys shooting the match on Saturday but you've got my number.

Kajun

1 hour ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I might still be at Cherokee Cowboys shooting the match on Saturday but you've got my number.

Kajun

Don't worry Kajun, if (when?) you win, I'll track you down, that's for sure.  Just your luck, somebody will check the Wire, find out you're a winner, and run over to you hollering like all get out just as you're taking the last shot of what otherwise would have been a clean match. :)

Hellbender,

With the lovely South Louisiana liquid sunshine raining down on you folks and the threat of a "tropical" event, are you guys still good to go with the drawing?

And my choice of prizes is all of them!

La Sombra

3 hours ago, La Sombra said:

Hellbender,

With the lovely South Louisiana liquid sunshine raining down on you folks and the threat of a "tropical" event, are you guys still good to go with the drawing?

And my choice of prizes is all of them!

La Sombra

La Sombra,

Yep, the drawing still will take place. We've changed the venue by a couple hundred yards to a room inside the Lake Charles Gun Club building. Our cowboy town is located on their property.  I figured even if it doesn't rain on us Saturday, our picnic tables (which used to be under cover) will still be too wet to sit on (the photo is not recent but is from sometime after the hurricane).

Hellbender

IMG_8292.jpeg

Archived