SASS Wire Forum

I’ve fallen and I could not get up.

13 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

What are your options for obtaining emergency assistance in the Ukraine? 

Does 911 or the emergency pager work there?

Duffield

As I re call, call a clinic with an ambulance. Tip the driver, and off you go.

Yeah, Warden. Lipitor really screwed me up! I can handle Crestor and it's generic, but Lipitor had me so bad off I couldn't walk without falling down and my joints were REALLY painful. Took me 6 months to improve somewhat after I got off it. I still don't trust my legs much yet.:blush::blush:

Well, I’m home with a walker after new adventures in pain.

Average once a shift, an helpful well- meaning person would say, “ here leet me put your head up.AAIIEEEOW. My back and the bed never agreed where to bend.

many other little stories but altogether everyone was very helpful.

Like, my threesome, two nurse interns, helping me take a shower.

On 5/21/2021 at 1:05 PM, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Took me 6 months to improve somewhat after I got off it. I still don't trust my legs much yet.:blush::blush:

It turned me into a crippled zombie. I finally figured out what was causing my rapid decline and quit taking it.  It took several weeks to see an improvement.   Several months before I felt more stable - physically and mentally.  It's been over 5 years and I think it's done permanent damage. I've lost all conference in doctors.   

Praying here

On 5/19/2021 at 8:08 PM, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Not good. Get well. Maybe think about one of those emergency buttons.

On 5/20/2021 at 12:31 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Marshal, I am sorry to hear this. Glad your in good care now. I know that it might be a blow to your ego or self respect but would you consider a Medical Alert System to summon help if you need it in the future?

Something to consider. 

There are many options including one that doesn’t require a monthly service fee on Amazon. Do a search on “Medical Alert Button”.

Daughter got me one.

0A4CB4C8-45F6-4547-A496-8FA330BCDFEF.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Don't do that again.  It isn't good for you and it scares the hell out of your friends.

FWIW, I have fallen more times in the last two years than I have in the rest of my long life altogether.  So far I've been lucky, but I got a thingy (at my daughter's insistence.... she threatened to take me out of her will.  :rolleyes: ) that I wear around my neck on a chain JIC.  Looking for something more convenient: this one is almost the size of a cigarette pack and too heavy.

1 hour ago, Four-Eyed Buck,SASS #14795 said:

Your daughter is a wise woman,40. Must've got it from her mother:rolleyes::lol::blush:

We made a great team.  She was wise and I'm an ass, so it all balanced out.

We had a very botanical family.  My daughter is a budding genius and my son was a blooming idiot, but he's outgrown that and now just a prickly old cactus. 

Archived