SASS Wire Forum

Price of 22s?

Okay, they are starting to show back up again. I found some yesterday at Walmart. a 100 round box of CCI Minimags for 6.99. So about a $1 more than last year, but there was a manufacturer price increase.

They ustabee in the 5 cents per round range before the China virus hit...   and after the 0bama shortages ended.   

Just now, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

I have paid from a little more than six cents a round counting tax to a little more than ten cents a round counting tax,

Some Match 22 rounds are rather expensive.

Phantom

2 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I just sold 3000 rounds of Lapua Midas+ for 900.00. It was a bargain for the buyer

Yep - that's like my cost.

Those little buggers are pricy!

Phantom

We stocked up this weekend at the local farm/hardware store.  Armscor 50rds for 2.99

Phantom, I am sure you are right about match 22s but what I buy is just random whatever they have.  That being said, what is a brand of match quality ammo I should look for if I wanted some for matches?  Right now I just practice with 22s.

12 minutes ago, Dream Chaser, SASS #79316 said:

Phantom, I am sure you are right about match 22s but what I buy is just random whatever they have.  That being said, what is a brand of match quality ammo I should look for if I wanted some for matches?  Right now I just practice with 22s.

Heyya DC!

I just sell the stuff...not a big connoisseur of 22LR Match. I'm sure someone will chime in on that...sorry.

As far as 22LR ammo starting to show up - not with my distributors. I just had a LOT of stock and I'm a "By Appointment Only" shop so I don't get a lot of traffic.

Phantom

That’s the other cool thing about benchrest rimfire, if you like to shoot a lot. Ever gun reacts differently with every brand of ammunition. You have to just try it all. My goto standard was Eley, but it is extremely expensive. Before the shortage, it was $150 for a box of 50! 

9 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Heyya DC!

I just sell the stuff...not a big connoisseur of 22LR Match. I'm sure someone will chime in on that...sorry.

As far as 22LR ammo starting to show up - not with my distributors. I just had a LOT of stock and I'm a "By Appointment Only" shop so I don't get a lot of traffic.

Phantom

6 hours ago, Laramie said:

That’s the other cool thing about benchrest rimfire, if you like to shoot a lot. Ever gun reacts differently with every brand of ammunition. You have to just try it all. My goto standard was Eley, but it is extremely expensive. Before the shortage, it was $150 for a box of 50! 

You sure about that price?  I was paying less than $20 for 50 before the current insanity.

45 minutes ago, Desert Pete SASS #42168 said:

You sure about that price?  I was paying less than $20 for 50 before the current insanity.

That’s good. I’ve never see Eley Tenex for less than $24 for a box of 50. 

5 minutes ago, Laramie said:

That’s good. I’ve never see Eley Tenex for less than $24 for a box of 50. 

I on

My apologies. I shouldn’t try to text while driving my tractor! The usual price for Eley Tenex was $12 to $15 per box of 50. 

1 minute ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

our host range has bricks of 500 rounds for $109 

not a great price but it was good to see ammo on stock again 

At that price, Ammo will be in stock. 

It's not like ammo isn't being made...

Phantom

3 hours ago, Dirty Dog Doug said:

our host range has bricks of 500 rounds for $109 

not a great price but it was good to see ammo on stock again 

Just left my lgs. Federal range pack (lrn) 800 rounds- $89.99. 

powder on the shelf - 8# 231@$270, 8# 296@$280
a bit of light in the tunnel 

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived