SASS Wire Forum

A prayer request, if I may.

Michigan Slim

As my wife and I sit and talk about how Saturday is the fifth anniversary of my son's motorcycle accident, we give thanks that the Lord gave us our boy back. My wife, Tracey, and I still struggle with the fact that the drunk driver suffered no consequences while my boy still struggles with lingering effects of a traumatic brain injury. Prayer #1: May my bride find peace in this struggle. 

During Joseph's stay in the hospital a young man was up to see him and us frequently. His name is Michael. He took the time to explain the types of injuries Joe had, what to expect when he woke, and was a calming influence to Tracey and Kaya. He was struck on his motorcycle last week and is in rough shape. He woke from a coma briefly yesterday. His leg has been amputated, his back and pelvis are broken, both arms are horribly broken and his remaining leg is still full of debris and fractured as well. His fever peaked at 105 but has dropped slightly. His third operation to clean up the amputated leg is today. 

Prayer request #2: Please pray for him and his parents in the long road ahead. We are heartbroken for them all as we have been to that hell and know the pain they are in.

Prayer request #3: We are praying for the girl that struck Michael. I know that if I caused this to someone I would have a hard time with it forever.

I thank you for your time in this matter. It's all I can do for the kid. 

Mark 

Heavenly Father, we ask that thou would provide healing and comfort to those involved in the accidents and give all peace to them.  Heal their wounds and protect their souls during this tying period.

STL Suomi

Praying here

We have offered up prayers for those involved.

It’s tough to get through these difficult situations.  And, where there is prayer, and hope there is strength and the hand and will of God.

Cat Brules

Sending thoughts & prayers.

Prayers on the way. I've had two friends that have had serious bike accidents due to another's carelessness. Both recovered eventually, and I have worked with both since, although one is now gone. The other seems to have recovered well although he has some problems due to the pins and screws that put his arm back together. He still rides, only not in large groups anymore.:(:blush:

I offer prayers for both of those as requested.

My whole immediate family are riders.  As such we offer extra well wishes and a speedy recovery.

Prayers going up from North of the Medicine Line.

And may God protect those on Two Wheels .

Please open the eyes of those driving, and help them to see those on Bikes ...

This hits home as I ride even thought out the winter on nice days , when people don't expect bikes to be out ...

God Bless 

Jabez Cowboy

Archived