SASS Wire Forum

New super cute girl shooter needs gear

Ok! This is what I’m looking for:

• .32 plow handle Ruger Single sixes

•16inch 1873 or a shortened 18 inch

•a shortened  stock 12 gauge 

•and most importantly a ladies rig around a 34 or 36 inch belt I’m not so concerned about caliber but something that fits Single Sixes would be best. God bless!

Just a note of advice: 

.....do not ever cut a rifle or shotgun barrel (or any other barrel) to the exact legal limit.  Never buy a gun with the barrel trimmed right down to the legal limit either. Same reason.

if you are off a 16th of an inch or an 8th of an inch, etc., you will get a ticket and a fine and, depending on the attitude of the agent, he may toss you in jail, and your weapon will be confiscated as well.

If you cut a barrel down, always cut it off leaving at least a half inch extra over the legal limit....... 1 inch might be better.  Also, leaving the extra length will leave you enough to square off the barrel in case you cut it crooked.

KNOW where the law says the barrel begins and ends for the gun,  Sometimes it’s at the beginning of the chamber and sometimes not.

I suggest you do not buy a gun that has been trimmed exactly, right down to the legal limit.  Then, “they” could claim the saw kerf put the gun under the legal limit.   Also, leaving the extra length will leave you enough to square off the barrel in case you cut it crooked.

Leave an easily-defined extra length to the barrel as I noted.

you might want to check with your gunsmith to verify what I’ve said above, so you will feel better about it.

Cat Brules

On 5/19/2021 at 10:00 AM, Grass Range said:

Picture?

Yeah, of the super cute girl shooter, not the gear you are looking for.;)

On 5/20/2021 at 1:43 PM, Grass Range said:

Yes, the girl

We promise to be on our best behavior!

Archived