SASS Wire Forum

Fore!

Subdeacon Joe

https://davidsondefense.com/Custom-Deal-Heavy-Duty-Steel-AR-15-Golf-Ball-Launcher-AR-15-M4-Charging-Handle-Mil-Spec-Quality_p_9013.html

Heavy Duty Steel AR-15 Golf Ball Launcher

The NC Star Golf Ball Launcher is an accessory that attaches to virtually any AR-15 with a threaded barrel. This simple to use design is ready to go by simply removing the muzzle device from the AR-15 and installing the NC Star Golf Ball Launcher. Blank ammunition is then loaded into the rifle, then you drop the ball into the launcher and start propelling golf balls down range.

FEATURES and SPECIFICATIONS:
Attaches to the muzzle of a AR-15/ M4/ M16 & launches Golf balls with 5.56/.223 Blanks.
Screws onto the end of AR-15/ M4/ M16 barrel threads
Uses 5.56/.223 Military Blanks to launch Golf Balls. Do not use Live Ammo
Launches Golf Balls to several hundred yards (400+ yrds)
Any other use than for a golf ball launcher is not recommended
Steel Construction
Length: 5.3"
Weight: 18.1 oz

Personally I am not gifted with the ability to smack that little white ball with a dogleg club.

I do, however, maintain that if a man machined out a miniature Coehorn mortar, he could loft the ball onto the green and then sink it with a pool cue!

I am thinking that would be fun for an Antifa Rally!

I know, I know, I'm bad.....:D

Gunsmoke Cowboy and Dirty Earl built a .22 side match stage...shooting golf balls.

The golf balls sat atop a curved pipe.

I thought. "Now that looks easy".

Nope....

You did not shoot off the top of the pipe...you shot into a small opening at the base of the pipe, and it travelled at the curve and up the long pipe...and with luck, had enough momentum to pop the golf ball up high enough off the pipe to fall to the ground.

I believe bonus points were made at another time by having a partner shoot the golf ball with shotgun after you popped it up!!!

2 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Gunsmoke Cowboy and Dirty Earl built a .22 side match stage...shooting golf balls.

Nope....

You did not shoot off the top of the pipe...you shot into a small opening at the base of the pipe, and it travelled at the curve and up the long pipe...and with luck, had enough momentum to pop the golf ball up high enough off the pipe to fall to the ground.

I believe bonus points were made at another time by having a partner shoot the golf ball with shotgun after you popped it up!!!

I have to remember that one for a side match. That sounds like a lot of fun.

A golf ball powered by a blank that can shoot 400 yards could be lethal at closer range.  Spud guns had no where near that power.  I have tons of junk in the closets that I have bought over the years that are basically useless.  The past couple of years I have begun asking myself "what good is this thing" before buying.  That way my kid will have less junk to throw away when I check out.

3 hours ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

What purpose is this thing supposed to serve?

Separating people from their money

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

About the same as spud guns.

Spud guns are a whole lot less expensive to build and shoot.

7 hours ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Nope....

Comanche Trail Shootists (Midland , TX) also had that for a side match at the last two annuals (Comanche Moon , first weekend in October) that I shot before I moved to Utah. Much fun !

Rex :D

14 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

I am thinking that would be fun for an Antifa Rally!

I know, I know, I'm bad.....:D

I was thinking the same only instead of golf balls launching Cherry Bombs. 

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I was thinking the same only instead of golf balls launching Cherry Bombs. 

Well, good luck finding "real" Cherry Bombs these days! 

Nothing like they were when we were kids!

Archived