SASS Wire Forum

24hourcampfire

Anyone else have problems with the Busy Bodies and Hall Monitors over on the 24hourcampfire?  Asking for a friend.:rolleyes:

47 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Never heard of it. What is it?

Seems to be more of a Dumpster Fire.

1 hour ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Being a moderator on another site, I can only say half the members consider me a Nazi while the other half think I'm always sleeping on the job. Just can't win.

.... Oh the joys of responsibility .........

;)

17 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

Being a moderator on another site, I can only say half the members consider me a Nazi while the other half think I'm always sleeping on the job. Just can't win.

Not knocking moderators. Just the keyboard snipers who walk over any post.

Its a tough group  of forums and busybodies, trolls, self-aggrandized experts, genuine a$$es, and mostly good guys abound there.  That said its one one if my favored sites mainly due to the classifieds..there is a ton of gun related stuff advertised

32 minutes ago, Yellowhouse Sam # 25171 said:

Its a tough group  of forums and busybodies, trolls, self-aggrandized experts, genuine a$$es, and mostly good guys abound there.  That said its one one if my favored sites mainly due to the classifieds..there is a ton of gun related stuff advertised

It was the classifieds where I got snarled up.  Being brand new, one guy, who wasn't even interested in the rifle, wanted me to post references to make sure I wasn't a scammer.  Listed my Gunbroker feedback and  The SASS Wire.  Of course he never checked either.  Then he wanted odd and specific photos with a quarter in them.  I asked if he wanted a sperm sample, too.  Then his buddies piled on and started trashing me AND the gun.  Fortunately, the good guys weighed in and told them to knock off.  That I had said I would answer any questions and provide any photos - to someone interested in the rifle.  Don't think I have ever been trolled that way when I was new to a forum.

2 hours ago, Dusty Morningwood said:

It was the classifieds where I got snarled up.  Being brand new, one guy, who wasn't even interested in the rifle, wanted me to post references to make sure I wasn't a scammer.  Listed my Gunbroker feedback and  The SASS Wire.  Of course he never checked either.  Then he wanted odd and specific photos with a quarter in them.  I asked if he wanted a sperm sample, too.  Then his buddies piled on and started trashing me AND the gun.  Fortunately, the good guys weighed in and told them to knock off.  That I had said I would answer any questions and provide any photos - to someone interested in the rifle.  Don't think I have ever been trolled that way when I was new to a forum.

Reminds me of an assisted living where my mother in law was.  There were a few self appointed residents who had nothing to do but make sure all the rules were adhered to .S o bad even the manager hated them.

Archived