SASS Wire Forum

Father against Son shoot off in Georgia

Captain Bill Burt

The Georgia State match sure was fun.  

After the main match was over it was time for the shoot off.  The Iron Cowboy had been running his mouth for a while about beating his father when it was pointed out that doing so would be difficult given they share the same guns. 

Well, the first round names were drawn and wouldn't you know it, they drew each other.  A 'helpful' cowboy offered to loan the Iron Cowboy some shooting irons (I'm not sure how I feel about that now Johnny Angel) and the little (6'1") turkey kept talking about beating the old man with borrowed guns.  Well, I showed him a thing or three. 

Hmm, that video is to new.  I meant to upload one from when I won. whoops. 

Now that Michael knows he can whip you, it'll probably be a regular occurrence Capt Bill. His confidence level just grew 10 fold. 

24 minutes ago, Ocoee Red #31751 said:

Now that Michael knows he can whip you, it'll probably be a regular occurrence Capt Bill. His confidence level just grew 10 fold. 

Not just me Red!  He's starting to get runs in the teens, and that is with a pretty ugly shotgun shuck.  Christian worked with him on that.......he's got the bug.

9 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Not just me Red!  He's starting to get runs in the teens, and that is with a pretty ugly shotgun shuck.  Christian worked with him on that.......he's got the bug.

Yes Bill, I saw that at Alabama State

Truly a big moment when the offspring surpass us. 

I can remember years ago, on the soccer field, sprinting to goal line from half line vs my daughter. Twice, i beat her out off the line, and for about 5 -6 strides, I had the lead. She blew by me both times. I was so proud of her........

It was especially nice to see him hug you after it was over. Shows respect, above all, for all you've done for him.

As I tell my kids, experience and treachery will best youth most time! 

Archived