SASS Wire Forum

Need Marlin 94 Screw

Lightning Bill Carson

Trying to find a replacement screw for a Marlin 94 left side receiver. Looked on Brownell’s website but doesn’t show a view of the left side and I am not sure what the screw is called. Would appreciate any information about the name or number for this particular screw.  Thanks!  

LBC

2C824FA0-899A-4349-9A7B-BFA8D392EA75.jpeg

You're in luck!  Of all the screws in the Marlin lever actions, this is one you can get by without.  The old models didn't have this screw.

The same screw is used in the 336, 1895, 444, etc.  If you can find the front trigger plate screw (the one ahead of the lever on the bottom) it can be used by shorting it. 

There is no reliable source that I know of for these parts.  You may try Ebay. 

Best if my search the part # is 407840f

23 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

You're in luck!  Of all the screws in the Marlin lever actions, this is one you can get by without.  The old models didn't have this screw.

The same screw is used in the 336, 1895, 444, etc.  If you can find the front trigger plate screw (the one ahead of the lever on the bottom) it can be used by shorting it. 

There is no reliable source that I know of for these parts.  You may try Ebay. 

Best if my search the part # is 407840f

Thanks WC! I will give it a look. 
LBC

22 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Thanks again for your replies WC! Went on their website and ordered one plus a couple extras! Coming across the big water so it might be a few weeks before I get them but at least I know I got some coming. Thanks again,

LBC

21 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Post a WTB in the classifieds  

A small drop of blue Loctite is your friend. 

OLG 

Thanks for the reply and good advice. Will definitely add a little when it is installed. 
LBC

58 minutes ago, Lightning Bill Carson said:

Thanks for the reply and good advice. Will definitely add a little when it is installed. 
LBC

The side screw is the shorter of the 2 trigger housing mounting screws.

Keep us updated. 

OLG 

1 hour ago, Lightning Bill Carson said:

Thanks again for your replies WC! Went on their website and ordered one plus a couple extras! Coming across the big water so it might be a few weeks before I get them but at least I know I got some coming. Thanks again,

LBC

Sorry, I didn't check the location!  It looked domestic.  I found others in New Zealand,  etc.  

Our youngest son was down a month ago.   I took him around my shop area.  I pulled out a small parts box about 8"x10" that contained Marlin parts.  I showed him this part and that part and how much each cost.  I estimated there was at least $1,000 in parts in the box.  I pulled out another larger that has single action parts.  Could be $1,500 in that box.  

Archived