SASS Wire Forum

This is not sparking joy

Ezra Hawthorne

14 hours ago, Sarge said:

Of course you are correct.  I'm a bit lazy too.  I do the seam ripping, Mrs. Sarge sews em back up for me.  

Well heck, an even lazier way after ripping out the seal is to use hemming tape (available at Walmart) place a layer in the seam and just iron the sucker shut.  The longest step in the process is waiting for the iron to heat up.  

When I started out I was all stressed out about wearing the right clothes and fitting in. I finally got my stuff together and then found out that SASS increased the revolver count needed from 1 to 2. :blink:

At the time it had taken me months to get together what I had. We lived paycheck to paycheck. I was very upset. I saved and scrimped for another 3 or 4 months and bought my second revolver and another holster. 
I finally went to my first match and was telling someone about my ordeal and the next thing I knew I had 6 or 7 people telling me that I should have come to a match with what I had and they would have made sure I got to shoot and have a good time. :)

The reason I am telling you this @Ezra Hawthorne is…You need to get yourself to a match and let folks know you need a little help. I can assure you that they will help you get what you need or loan it to you until you get what you need. 

I don’t have any clothes that’ll fit you or I would send you some. Heck, put on a pair of jeans, a button up cotton shirt and a pair of leather shoes without obvious traction lugs and you have the basics. 

6 hours ago, Not Dead Ed said:

Well heck, an even lazier way after ripping out the seal is to use hemming tape (available at Walmart) place a layer in the seam and just iron the sucker shut.  The longest step in the process is waiting for the iron to heat up.  

Or another name for it is 'stitch witch' (most hemming tape still needs to be sewn)

Stitch witch will wash away, so not a permanent fix.

I am looking through and sending a care package.

10.5 W boots

Large shirts

34x30 britches

I would say 7 1/4 hat (so he can add padding if needed)

Suspenders...

Send him an email for address.

I have at least one of each I am sending!

Oh...and alternate footwear...

Mad Moutain Mike (Mike Guli fb)

makes awesome moccosins, and they last and last!! Put an insert in the base and you are good to go.

Just now stitching in the new soles he sent for my 12 yr old moccs!!!

35 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Or another name for it is 'stitch witch' (most hemming tape still needs to be sewn)

Stitch witch will wash away, so not a permanent fix.

True, but there are permanent ones...  used it on scout shirts for year to hold badges and all...   

Ezra,

I am just a few miles up the road, Riverdale,  If you didn't know the Wasatch Desperados are shooting tomorrow at 9AM at the Kaysville range.  I will not be able to be  there.   If you get this in time,  go up there tomorrow and talk with some  o f the cowboys.  Sly Steady hand is a top notch cowboy and may be able to help you out.  The Utah state match is coming up in just a few weeks and there will probably be some used stuff for sale there as well.  

Next weekend I will be in Jerome at the End of Road annual shoot.  I plan on getting to the Kaysville range to test out some guns before I leave for Jerome on Thursday.

Give me a PM and maybe we can get together before Thursday,  

Noah 

On 5/16/2021 at 2:35 PM, Ezra Hawthorne said:

...I've been in a foul mood for weeks now and seriously second-guessing my decision to get into CAS. This was supposed to be something fun to look forward to but it's just become another source of stress for me.  -_-

Shucks Partner.  In the whole scheme of life why let a small bump get y'all in a turmoil? 

15 hours ago, Matthew Duncan said:

Shucks Partner.  In the whole scheme of life why let a small bump get y'all in a turmoil? 

hope you have a bit better outlook on life now , remember that when it comes to the shootin we all have bad days - but most of them are great 

• 2 weeks later...

Nice meeting you at Utah State.  Tell us who gifted you with a complete set of leather so we can hold this pard in high regard.  I am pulling for you to win the blackhawks in the raffle.

1 hour ago, Edward R S Canby, SASS#59971 said:

Nice meeting you at Utah State.  Tell us who gifted you with a complete set of leather so we can hold this pard in high regard.  I am pulling for you to win the blackhawks in the raffle.

watab kid

• SASS Wire Vet
  •  

he has leatherThanks 

This us what makes this sport so awesome. Thanks WK for being a great Pard. :FlagAm:

no praise please , we all do what we can when we can , i had it and it was easy to pass it forward , ive had folks do similar for me over the years - it was my turn , he has assured me that when he finds the right set in the future he will do the same , life is good - shooting CAS is great , we all need to enjoy the time we have , its all too short after all , 

On 5/22/2021 at 4:33 PM, John Boy said:

Ezra, do some shopping at this websight.   Cheap and pretty much you’ll need except boots and firearms  

https://www.sercal.com/  

Question; can you order individual items from them? They have a note on each item page that says “$100 minimum order”.

They also have this posted on the main page:

image.gif.dfd8f710fd9a740d6082304418d214c1.gif

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Question; can you order individual items from them? They have a note on each item page that says “$100 minimum order”.

They also have this posted on the main page:

image.gif.dfd8f710fd9a740d6082304418d214c1.gif

I have an order on the way from them.  It was easy to find a hundred dollars of stuff to order,   Order shipped fast, and I should see it Monday.  

I wouldn’t worry about your outfit. A pair of blue jeans, a long sleeve shirt and any old boots will be fine to start with plus there are a lot of decisions about your persona that will need to be made. I used to shoot the NC State match in Salisbury every year and we had a shooter whose name escapes me who wore bib overalls, no shirt and no shoes. Ouch.  I have dress clothes, working cowboy clothes and uniforms. I wear uniforms more than anything else. Concentrate on getting your guns and ammo together. Attend some matches and be a helper bee. Folks will help you if you’re truly interested. Everyone has clothes and gunbelts that have somehow shrunked while hanging in their closet. When I started out I got loaned a real Colt and a holster from the president of the Tyler Texas SASS club to use as I only had one revolver when I shot their match. And I was just passing through as I was visiting my wife’s family in Ft Worth. SASS/cas people are good people. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, Not Dead Ed said:

I have an order on the way from them.  It was easy to find a hundred dollars of stuff to order,   Order shipped fast, and I should see it Monday.  

Thank you. I am assuming it’s a $100 order for various things and not $100 worth of the same thing. 

23 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Thank you. I am assuming it’s a $100 order for various things and not $100 worth of the same thing. 

Yes, the whole total for the mix of toys is 100.00.  

And check out Branchwater Jack's videos on Youtube. ESPECIALLY the ones on costuming.

Archived