SASS Wire Forum

What The Foo Yung?

The Reds are on Mars! I wonder if we have a gun on Ingenuity’s helicopter? Might need it.
https://apnews.com/article/china-technology-business-science-e1c1d0679aa78a8cc79c04a4d1375322

I believe the Chinese rover landed a fair distance away from Perserverance and the helo.  Although somewhat behind our accomplishments in space, the PRC's program is ambitious and if we don't get our act together, will catch up!  It would be nice if we could cooperate with them, but given the current attitude toward them and ITARS limitations, I don't foresee it anytime soon.

Stay well and safe, Pards!

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

I believe the Chinese rover landed a fair distance away from Perserverance and the helo.  Although somewhat behind our accomplishments in space, the PRC's program is ambitious and if we don't get our act together, will catch up!  It would be nice if we could cooperate with them, but given the current attitude toward them and ITARS limitations, I don't foresee it anytime soon.

Stay well and safe, Pards!

Looking at where they were when we landed on the moon and where they are now it’s nothing short of miraculous. As far as cooperation, that’s not in their playbook. They’re all about domination.

17 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Looking at where they were when we landed on the moon and where they are now it’s nothing short of miraculous. As far as cooperation, that’s not in their playbook. They’re all about domination.

11 minutes ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

How did they do this without a Department of Education?

Its easy to "appear" to be a technological giant when you are hands down the worlds best at industrial espionage.

12 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Its easy to "appear" to be a technological giant when you are hands down the worlds best at industrial espionage.

They are truly miraculous at that. Better than the Russians.

It doesn’t help that out corporations are teaching so many of their people and they in turn steal technology and knowledge hand over fist. 

Will we see a robotic war on Mars in our lifetime? Hmmm..............

10 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

How did they do this without a Department of Education?

Using the interest from our money they loaned us!

I'm not sure how miraculous it is. It has been more than 50 years since we landed on the moon, lots of time for them to catch up.

Its not that they are all that good at industrial espionage - its all of the self serving traitors that keep selling their countrymen out to Red China for an easy buck.

3 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

I'm not sure how miraculous it is. It has been more than 50 years since we landed on the moon, lots of time for them to catch up.

Maybe between the Chiang-e5, Tiangong space station and now this Mars rover, Congress and NASA might quit d... er, messing around, cancel the SLS/Orion fiasco and give funding to SpaceX (and Blue Origin and Dyanetics, if they can show they can actually build something), and get our astronauts on the Moon before they have to compete with taikonauts for base space at Shackleton crater.  In 50 years we should have had human bases on the Moon and Mars already! 

Archived