SASS Wire Forum

You ever talk to traffic?

Alpo

Not yell at them. Talk to them. Like the car is actually a guy standing right next to you.

I'll be walking the dog and a car comes by and rolls up to the corner, and slows down to about 10 mph and turns the corner, and I say, "Sign says STOP, not SLOW DOWN, ***wipe".

Or I'm pushing my cart full of groceries back to the truck and somebody comes roaring by and I say, "This is a parking lot, not a racetrack, ****head".

Yes, I admit it, I do get fairly profane when I talk to traffic. But I talk to it, I don't scream at it. I used to. But now I just talk to it.

Walking the dog in residential area, and the wake left by the car almost knocks me over. "Speed limit's 30, mother ******."

Yes, I do. In my car and out. Every once in a while I will yell at someone to slowdown, especially on my street when kids are out playing. That hasn’t had to happen in quite a while though.

My oldest daughter is a Navy officer.
She calls us regularly on the vehicle Bluetooth while driving.
She is most colorful in her description of traffic and drivers.

Only part of the car I ever kindly talked too was the loose nut behind the wheel.

I talk. I also yell, and use my old Navy language at them, at times.

But, you know....I mostly mentally point a rifle, or spear, or bolt, or arrow, or Star Trek phaser, at their tires, and pretend to use their tires as a target.

If the driving habits of folks most reflect their mental and physical skill levels, at operating an automobile, then these people should not be allowed to vote.

8 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

I may not scream, but I do speak to them in my "Drill Instructor" voice at times. My latest two favorite comments are, "You're turn signal's broken!" and "Some people actually stop when the light's red!"

With the top off of the Jeep, I do get noticed.:lol:

Mine is actually a question,

"Who taught you to drive?  Helen Keller?"

"It's the pedal on the right!  No your other right," is probably the most often used.

About once a week I get stuck behind someone that wants to drive 45 in a 65 (with a flow of traffic doing about 75 being a common occurrence on the east bound side)- while on a bridge- because they are getting on the road at the foot of the bridge and getting off on the exit just on the other side and 'just don't like driving that fast' (as I was informed by someone I knew that I got trapped behind). 

There's no place to go- remember the on a bridge part?- and they are going to end up getting somebody killed because they are trapped behind somebody driving at 2/3's the posted speed and they get ran over by someone not paying attention.

Statistically, one half of drivers are below average.  I believe the average has drifted with some drivers handling their phone, people willing to drive with revoked licenses and people who cannot see beyond their own lives.  We now live in a cycle of higher horsepower, more vehicle gadgets and people driving vehicles larger than their experience.

No. I talk and yell directly at the drivers. The cars are innocent victims.  Just like horses ridden by idiots. ;)

I don’t really become angry in traffic anymore.  I watch other people”s behavior and look in advance for “escape paths,” should another driver present a danger.  I find that becoming angry and shouting at the other guy presents a set of dangers all its own.

Cat Brules

7 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

I don’t really become angry in traffic anymore.  I watch other people”s behavior and look in advance for “escape paths,” should another driver present a danger.  I find that shouting at the other guy presents a set of dangers all its own.

Cat Brules

But shouting at stupid people is FUN. And I don't get angry, I just point and laugh.

That's one of the reasons I quit yelling at them. I relieve my frustration by telling them what I think of them, and at the same time since they cannot hear what I'm saying they have no reason to be annoyed with me.

I have found that the most danger that I can be in on the freeway is when my wife is driving and I utter 4 little words; “What are you doing?” 

39 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I have found that the most danger that I can be in on the freeway is when my wife is driving and I utter 4 little words; “What are you doing?” 

I just close my eyes, make sure my belts are tight, keep my mouth shut and wait for the BLAM. Seems to result in a more harmonious outcome.

Archived