SASS Wire Forum

Has anyone had any dealings with Zelle?

Renegade Plowboy

Has anyone here had any dealings with the money payment/transfer service Zelle?  With PayPal’s stance, is Zelle a better alternative? 

Also, has anyone here had any dealings with Tactical World or Alpha Horizon Armory from Winthrop, ME? 

Thanks Pards. 

Seller is owned by the banking industry. Set up to be more secure from hacking than Venmo. 

If you read their user agreement firearm and related purchases are prohibited. 

Venmo, Google pay, Apple Pay, Pay Pal , etc do as well. 

Personally I like it. Payment is almost instant. 

1 minute ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Seller is owned by the banking industry. Set up to be more secure from hacking than Venmo. 

If you read their user agreement firearm and related purchases are prohibited. 

Venmo, Google pay, Apple Pay, Pay Pal , etc do as well. 

Personally I like it. Payment is almost instant. 

Zelle has worked well for me.

Have used it for kids as well as Boomstick Arms

2 hours ago, Hedley Lamarr, SASS #14478 Life said:

Use it a lot for person to person stuff. Never had any problems.

Several (three) using zell withdrew a total without authorization $4590 from Feisty Mama's checking account.  Money was recovered in about two weeks.  Now, our account is checked several times daily.  Bank would not divulge details, afraid it will compromise the Fraud Department operations.

2 hours ago, Deadwood Miner, SASS # 45575 said:

Several (three) using zell withdrew a total without authorization $4590 from Feisty Mama's checking account.  Money was recovered in about two weeks.  Now, our account is checked several times daily.  Bank would not divulge details, afraid it will compromise the Fraud Department operations.

Hmmmm....odd. Have to approve a request.

I have used it many times in the last several years. Both people have to set up Zelle with their banks. There are several security checks required in the process when making the transfer. Do not see how anything can be taken from your account using it. I like it and there are no fees for using it. Money is transfered directly from one bank to another. 

16 hours ago, Mountain man Jim said:

It's useful, but it's the digital equivalent of handing someone cash. They can easily run away with it.  There is no protections on it like with PayPal. Be sure you know and trust the person on the other end. 

My daughter lost almost $1000 this way. She was looking to rent a house. and paid the deposit to a guy with zelle, only to later find out that it wasn't his house. 

Archived