SASS Wire Forum

trying to decide if this is possible

Alpo

They find the man laying in the path. He has been shot with his own shotgun. It looks to be a 28-inch or longer SxS.

His boots are on.

The police are assuming it to be a suicide. I'm trying to figure out how.

If it was a coach gun, that might be short enough to turn it around and shoot himself. If he was barefoot he could have pulled the trigger with his toe. But a long barrel shotgun and his boots are on?

Can y'all think of a way he could have done this?

This is a Miss Marple movie from the early sixties. It turns out to be the man was murdered. But for the police to even consider suicide it must be possible to do it. But how?

Were his pants zipped?:lol:

Just put the butt on the ground with the muzzles under you chin and push the trigger with your index of middle finger.  If the guy was to short to be able to reach the trigger he could have looped a piece of string around the trigger and had the other end of the loop around his boot toe.  Then just pull up on the gun or push down with your boot and sayonara.  Or he could have picked up a twig and used it to push the trigger.

1 hour ago, Larsen E. Pettifogger, SASS #32933 said:

Or he could have picked up a twig and used it to push the trigger.

Yeah, I guess a stick would have worked.

You're taking for granite that he shot himself in the head.

Its possible he held the shotgun at arms length above his head with those 28" barrels

pointed at his gut area.

..........Widder

The next Miss Marple movie, and the next murder.

They used a horse for the murder weapon. The stallion was extremely high strung, and was scared of cars. They locked the victim in the stallion's stall, then back to truck with straight pipes up to the door, and put a rock on the gas pedal so the engine was screaming.

The horse was freaking, and rearing and jumping around, and dead guy laying on the stable floor.

Since the horse killed him, would they put the horse down? If a buffalo or some other wild animal in one of the nature parks was to hurt a human, they'll put it down. If my dog kills somebody, they'll put her down. Would they euthanize the horse?

You know I actually saw a movie on Netflix with that plot about a horse being the murder weapon.  It was a foreign movie.  I can't recall the name right now but it took place in a building that was in a park in a European city.

Yes  you can. I guy in my high school class tried to kill him self with rem 870 

he was upset about his health . he blew half his jaw off but did not die 

this was 20 some years ago 

Archived