SASS Wire Forum

Lost our dog today

Go West

We had to put our Lab down today who turned 17 last month. The average age they reach is usually 12, so we had her longer than we ever imagined. We adopted her at 18 months and while the first few years were a terror, she turned into a sweet dog. If you've had pets, you've been through this. It sucks.

IMG_20210511_192206010.jpg

17 is incredible mileage for a Lab.  You did good.

Thank you for making it easy for her at the end.

Sorry for your loss.  We've been through it a time or three ourselves.  Prayers up for peace for your family. 

Last dog I lost was over ten years ago.  I still miss him.

The little dog I have now is 7 1/2 and I'm dreading her end already, but more importantly, I don't want to go first and leave her alone.  I wouldn't rest well knowing that had happened.

Thanks for easing her passing.  It's the hardest thing I've ever had to do with one exception, and I've done it a bunch of times.  It never gets easier.

Been a while since I lost a dog. The hurt is a little bit less, but the memories are still fresh.

There are things a man cares about, not the least of which are his dogs.

Our Jezebel has been with us since 2008.  There are things that have changed, many for the better. Her coat is faded now and she sleeps a little more and more often, but she doesn’t tear up furniture or chew up shoes.  She moves a little slower and works harder to jump onto the bed, but she’s bonded to Schoolmarm and my grandson adores her. (She loves him too!!)

They never stay long enough and they take a little piece of our hearts with them when they go.  

You have my sympathy and sincerest condolences.

I will say that the best thing you can do is mourn and miss you friend for a while and then find a pup to fill the empty space and give you new memories and another dose of companionship and unconditional love!!

I still sometimes here my babies running through the house.  
I look at their framed pictures and I still love them.

So, your loss is so understandable.  Just remember your sweet child and the love and friendship you both shared.  I am so sorry.

Cat Brules

Sorry to hear about your loss.

I lost my TANK a year ago Feb and I still miss him dearly.

She looks like a fine Dog. Beautiful and We'll cared for.

It helps to know that she will be waiting for you in that mansion you'll have in Heaven and greet you upon your arrival just like she did when you would come home here. 

My sincere condolences

Condolences, and prayers up for understanding.  Two years ago, we had to put two 15 year old pups down within 3 months of each other.  Three months after that, we had another rescue to help heal our hearts.  It's worked.  The memory of the two we lost is still there, but the joy of having our Millie helps soften the pain.  

Our sincere condolences, it's never easy to lose our furry kids.

Eyesa & Ellie

I understand your heart broken lose.

We had to make the same decision a few years back for our 5 year old Schitsue (?).

He was our daughters Christmas present, which made him even more special.

'Benji' was part of the family and LOVED to go riding in the truck.

The rest of the story:

About 6 months after he passed on, my wife said she was ready for a new family member.

Before we could even make time to visit the animal shelter, about a week later a small

dog appeared on our front door step about 2 a.m.    No collar, no I.D..... nothing.

Someone had dumped him out and he found our house, kinda like good fate.

We named him Bandit.   He has now been our family member for 5+ years.

..........Widder

I am so sorry for your loss, Go West. Dogs are family and an important part of our lives. Nothing I say can take away your pain and sorrow. All one can do is remember the joy, happiness and the love that she brought to your life and family. 

So sorry to hear of your loss, my sincerest condolences. Our little Buster turns 12 this July and I am trying to prepare myself for the day he goes, it's a hard thing to do.

Archived