SASS Wire Forum

Some Marlin information

Buckshot Bob

No mention of the model 60. I am still kicking myself for putting off buying one or two of these. I really wanted the stainless model with the gray laminate stock. I just kept putting it off because I figured I would get around to it later…

Looking forward to seeing some new Marlins on the store racks. :)

17 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

No mention of the model 60. I am still kicking myself for putting off buying one or two of these. I really wanted the stainless model with the gray laminate stock. I just kept putting it off because I figured I would get around to it later…

Looking forward to seeing some new Marlins on the store racks. :)

I’m guessing they don’t feel much urgency to produce the 60 because of the 10/22 , and I would guess the profit margin would be much better with the 39 if they want Marlin back making rimfires 

I still have my Model 60. 
Cold dead fiingers. Knowwhutimean? :D

I have a couple of the Model 60's and they are super nice rifles.   Of course, I've 'tweaked' em

just a little..... ;)

Would love another 1894 in .45 Colt..... octagonal barrel.

..........Widder

You know the Model 60 had to be a part of why they bought Marlin. Many states are pushing to ban semiautos that can accept magazines over 10 rounds. That would bar the 10/22 from selling there. The tube on the Model 60 could easily be modified for a 10 round capacity for those states.

I heard him say the 94 was among the products first to be built. 

I hope the 1895 series includes an octagonal barreled 38-55. Had one once and sold it. It’s the only gun I ever regret selling. 

Actually, I hope they will sell just the barrel as I have a pre-safety 30-30 that would be perfect for a upgrade. 

1 hour ago, DeaconKC said:

You know the Model 60 had to be a part of why they bought Marlin. Many states are pushing to ban semiautos that can accept magazines over 10 rounds. That would bar the 10/22 from selling there. The tube on the Model 60 could easily be modified for a 10 round capacity for those states.

Here in WA state even the Model 60 is considered an assault rifle. I bought a used one a couple months ago from Cabelas, and with all the extra paperwork and waiting period BS I had to go through you'd think I was buying a truck full of full-auto AKs.

Trust me, even tube-fed .22 semi-autos are not safe from the gun grabbers.

10 minutes ago, bgavin said:

CA still allows lever guns to be exempt.
They don't smog motorcycles either... I am quite surprised at both.

Hush, you...!  Don't give the wethers in Sackammena any new ideas!  :huh:  :(

Oh yeah... I do so agree with that...
Fortunately, the Wire isn't a Woke board, so they may ignore us (for now).

Sackammena does prohibit internet purchases of all things gun-related for city limits addresses.
No components, no parts.
My neighbor's dad moved out of Sacramento for that exact reason.

1 minute ago, bgavin said:

Oh yeah... I do so agree with that...
Fortunately, the Wire isn't a Woke board, so they may ignore us (for now).

Sackammena does prohibit internet purchases of all things gun-related for city limits addresses.
No components, no parts.
My neighbor's dad moved out of Sacramento for that exact reason.

Can they do that??  Doesn't that infringe on commerce rights?  :(

I understand this practice is more common than not.
Various municipalities and/or states have varying rules.
It all infringes on 2A rights.. but that is just our Constitution.. no big deal to some folks.

I believe some State governments have passed laws that forbid individual cities/municipalities from enacting any gun laws contrary to State law, or over and above what the State laws say. 

I know our Governor has slapped down some local/yokel edicts, from the small blue cess pools, in the larger cities, that went contrary to State law.

The way some States do things, is something I never thought I'd live to see, in this country. China, North Korea, Cuba, Iran, nazi germany, maybe...but not here.

Makes one wonder...if we are headed to a major, big-time, confrontation, the likes of which we haven't seen...in this century, anyway.

2 hours ago, bgavin said:

CA still allows lever guns to be exempt.
They don't smog motorcycles either... I am quite surprised at both.

Where does a slide action Lightning/Thunderbolt fall in their laws?

Somewhere between "giraffe" and "kazoo"....
CA publishes a hate list of guns illegal to have here.

Ruger can't sell their popular 1911 here, because they refuse to submit to the $$$ certification expenses that CA demands.
Can't blame 'em.

If you look at the Ruger site, they have specific entries for a gun being legal in CA or MA.

2 hours ago, Joeronimo Caffiend said:

Where does a slide action Lightning/Thunderbolt fall in their laws?

Illegal. But they don't seem to know that as they can still be purchased.:blink:

Only fixed magazine rifles with +10 capacity allowed are lever action and 22 rimfire.

Archived