SASS Wire Forum

Big Brother is watching!

That's what I was using. I saw the jet making a strange turn above and went to "Flightradar24" to find it. Since it was still nearby, I was able to isolate it. I even went outside with binoculars on a subsequent pass and saw it overhead.

It was heading west over western AZ and I went to the kitchen. When I returned, it was no longer on the application. I tried to search for it and it was indicated as "No aircraft were found matching the search description".:wacko:

1 minute ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Even with Davis Monthan AFB here in Tucson, I never see any Air Force craft except for the C-130s. Even when I see an A/C in the air, it doesn't show up on flightradar.

No answer for you but the aircraft was listed (as indicated in OP) and I saw it with my own eyes.:ph34r:

I live near Los Alamitos Air Base. Quite often flight tracker doesn’t have choppers and Osprey aircraft shown / tracked as I stand in my backyard and watch them fly over. 

Made me remember.........

A few years ago I was out on my place walking, looking for a coyote burrow that I knew was out there someplace.  I heard a helicopter coming in low and loud.  It was Air Force, and it came in, set down and I guess six guys, including the two men up front, came out of the helicopter as if they were under fire!  Then, they all stood out there and peed, jumped back in and headed out again.  I don’t know where they were coming from, but I guess they just couldn’t make it to Vandenberg Air Force Base, about 35 or 40 miles south of here.  I thought that was just plain weird.

Cat Brules

3 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

A few years ago I was out on my place walking, looking for a coyote burrow that I knew was out there someplace.  I heard a helicopter coming in low and loud.  It was Air Force, and it came in, set down and I guess six guys, including the two men up front, came out of the helicopter as if they were under fire!  Then, they all stood out there and peed, jumped back in and headed out again.  I don’t know where they were coming from, but I guess they just couldn’t make it to Vandenberg Air Force Base, about 35 or 40 miles south of here.  I thought that was just plain weird.

Cat Brules

My guess is that when they land at the airbase somebody needs to do some paperwork before he can go to the head.

Looking for Apaches that jumped the reservation????? Apache helicopters that is...........

3 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Cat Brules

As a former Army rotor head, I can confirm that when you gotta go, you gotta go. 

I use Flightradar24, and see quite a few military aircraft...this morning had an Army Lakota chopper fly over at 1800 feet; frequently watch groups of 8-10 Talons (Army, Navy or Air Force) in training flights over Texas; C-130s and KC-135R tankers are overhead weekly; lots of Coast Guard planes and copters, often in search patterns over Cape Cod bay.  

LL

6 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Cat Brules

TACTICAL PEE DRILL.

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

TACTICAL PEE DRILL.

Would that be documented as a “TPD on the LZ”? Or just “TPDLZ”? :)

9 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Cat Brules

Years ago, 97 or 98, I was camping in Holcomb Valley up near Big Bear, CA.

A California Highway Patrol chopper landed in a field north of my campsite. I was in a campground. Only one other guy there. We were there to hunt deer. 
Anyway, the chopper lands. Two guys get out to pee. As they are getting back into the chopper the grass where they landed caught fire. Me and the other fellow run over. Me with water and s shovel. The other guy with a blanket. As we were getting to the area waving the chopper up a forest ranger appeared running next to us with a backpack sprayer. He had just pulled into the campground. 
The chopper lifted off and the three of us put out the fire. 
The ranger got the number off the chopper and said those two gents were in serious trouble. 
I saw him a couple of days later and he said the CHP chewed their butts, but that was about all. 

With the satellites they have now they don’t need airplanes.

8 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

With the satellites they have now they don’t need airplanes.

+1

I watched a KC135 on Flightradar24 leave Fairchild AFB after dark last night, fly to a desolate area of the Montana highline around Chinook where it made seven big oval loops like that, then headed back to Fairchild and landed.

Aw, an AWACS ain't nuttin' special.....:P

Now, RC-135, JSTARS, E4B, E6, P3, P8's LOL. They been flying a LOT of the first two out of Robbins AFB in GA. There's been a lot of P3/8 traffic along the FL coast (gee, wonder why LOL) and I see all of those listed flying somewheres in CONUS on a daily basis. Now a certain dov gov bunch seems to have a fleet of um, smaller aircraft that can do a lot of what the RC's do. Not all, some special emphasis on personal communication devices if you know what I mean. Another gubbermint bunch seems to like flying little birds in and out of odd, out of the way places which may or not be black sites. Dunno. Atlas Air is a gov contractor for personnel and cargo. They seem to be flying daily out of ElPaso to parts in eastern CONUS. Gee. (I mean dozen or so daily flights back & forth) along with some other unusual movements across the globe.

adsbexchange dot com allows a mil filter. It's very user friendly. There's a guy on YT, monkey werx US who follows all of the above. His videos there are very interesting considering current events.

Archived