SASS Wire Forum

would you correct him?

Alpo

You buy a custom-made holster for your granddaughter. 13 years later the leathersmith puts a picture of that holster on his Facebook page. On his gallery of "look at all these neat holsters I've made for people".

But instead of saying that a man bought it for his granddaughter, he says that a father bought it for his son.

3 years later you happen upon that page. Would you get in contact with him and tell him that he had brain farted?

I sent a text to my granddaughter telling her that we had been wrong all this time. That she was a boy not a girl and that she was my son and not my granddaughter. Then I sent a text to my daughter telling her that the girl was both a boy and her brother instead of her daughter. In both cases I sent a link of the picture where the guy said "father had it made for his son".

Lobita said "cool", but Hazel said I should tell him so he can make corrections.

Is it possible that the holster posted was a duplicate to the one made for your granddaughter, but made for another customer?  I've made a lot of holsters for a lot of people over the past 46 years (plus one I made earlier for a friend).  Not impossible that I made a duplicate somewhere in that time frame.  I'd let it go.

Hey that's the way things are these days with gender fluidity.  Who are you to tell your granddaughter that she isn't a boy or can't choose to be a boy?  Has she openly declared herself to be cisgender?  And what do you mean by "correct him?"  How do you know he is still a him?   Life was a lot simpler with just plain Adam and Eve.

25 minutes ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Is it possible that the holster posted was a duplicate to the one made for your granddaughter, but made for another customer

No. Mild redesign of one of his standard holsters, and then a custom carving job. Think of having one of your customers requesting to have his wife's face carved into the holster. Do you suppose you would make that same design for another customer?

DITTO........

Let it go......blow it off.

You’ve already spent too much time, and now, so have we, thinking about it.

Cat Brules

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

You buy a custom-made holster for your granddaughter. 13 years later the leathersmith puts a picture of that holster on his Facebook page. On his gallery of "look at all these neat holsters I've made for people".

But instead of saying that a man bought it for his granddaughter, he says that a father bought it for his son.

3 years later you happen upon that page. Would you get in contact with him and tell him that he had brain farted?

I sent a text to my granddaughter telling her that we had been wrong all this time. That she was a boy not a girl and that she was my son and not my granddaughter. Then I sent a text to my daughter telling her that the girl was both a boy and her brother instead of her daughter. In both cases I sent a link of the picture where the guy said "father had it made for his son".

Lobita said "cool", but Hazel said I should tell him so he can make corrections.

Maybe in a private message. But...is it really that important to you?

Tell him you would like to exchange it.The holster that is.

Largo

I had a similar incident where a guy did a cerakote on my revolver and I sent him a picture of the gun for his to use for his website.  He claimed I was the original owner, the gun is a good decade older than I am and I got it about 5 minutes before I sent it to him to fix up.  :D  I just let it be.

Archived