SASS Wire Forum

Made my day

Last month a lady up Canada way signed into one of the militaria collector sites I belong to and was interested in getting some items for her two boys who were both very much into military history.  Seeing as how I’ve been getting rid of my collection, I contacted her and said I’d be glad to send some articles. The package finally arrived today and the boys made a video which se forwarded to me. 
They had no idea what was in the box and pretty much misidentified everything. :lol: 

I old their mom I’d help them out after they did their research if there was still anything they couldn’t I’d. 
I felt like dad watching the kids on Christmas morning. Turned my day around. 

5 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Last month a lady up Canada way signed into one of the militaria collector sites I belong to and was interested in getting some items for her two boys who were both very much into military history.  Seeing as how I’ve been getting rid of my collection, I contacted her and said I’d be glad to send some articles. The package finally arrived today and the boys made a video which se forwarded to me. 
They had no idea what was in the box and pretty much misidentified everything. :lol: 

I old their mom I’d help them out after they did their research if there was still anything they couldn’t I’d. 
I felt like dad watching the kids on Christmas morning. Turned my day around. 

Bob you are a true gentleman 

Very nice!

CB

Was really fun watching those two. Especially the one on the right.

Thanks Bob

Bob, that was very nice of you. That was a cool video. It’s great to see kids with an interest in our military and the military in general. Also, they learn about history that they would never learn from school books while doing their research, I’m sure. You can bet those boys will learn what they can about each one of those items. 

Super Cool! 

Thank you for taking the time, effort and expense to foster the interest in collecting medals and decorations.

It is an interesting hobby and honours those who served, helping to keep alive the memories of the times.

That was very generous of you.  Funny how interested Canadian kids are in our military, I hope some kids from the U.S show as much interest. Either way, I’m sure they appreciated it. 

About  2 yrs ago, they had the moving wall close to us. They also had a nice collection of VN memorablia. I took my 3 yr. old granddaughter and she asked very good questions about it.

She also got to welcome me back from Honor Flight in 1968.

Archived