SASS Wire Forum

Anyone get the SASS Patriot badge?

I ordered mine. Hope it helps SASS

I might order one to help the cause. It would look good on display.

@Utah Bob #35998 you mentioned wearing a badge earlier and it being mistaken for a police badge. 
That is a very good point. 

Years ago, when EOT was in Norco, CA I was staying in a hotel nearby. One morning I pulled my truck across the street to get gas. There were several Cowboy Action shooters at the station getting gas, coffee, whatever. As I was pumping my gas I overheard 3 nefarious looking gentleman, aka Gangbangers or wannabe gangsters, discussing “all those cowboy guys wearing badges. Are those guy sheriffs or something?” And statements like that. 
They were also getting gas and looked apprehensive about going into the station where 7 or 8 “Cowboys” were standing near the doorway talking. 
I hollered over to these guys and told them that the Cowboys with badges were “competition Cowboy Action Shooters.”

One, in a very snotty way, asked “What the heck is a cowboy action shooter?” Only he didn’t say “heck”.

I said, not wanting to make it sound like something these buttholes would want to make fun of or instigate trouble over, “We are tactical shooters that wear cowboy clothes and use cowboy guns.”

That seemed to satisfy their curiosity and they went about their business. 
From that day on I never wore my SASS badge until I got to a match. 

I've seen a standard SASS badge get a free coffee. :D

On 5/12/2021 at 8:31 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

@Utah Bob #35998 you mentioned wearing a badge earlier and it being mistaken for a police badge. 
That is a very good point. 

Years ago, when EOT was in Norco, CA I was staying in a hotel nearby. One morning I pulled my truck across the street to get gas. There were several Cowboy Action shooters at the station getting gas, coffee, whatever. As I was pumping my gas I overheard 3 nefarious looking gentleman, aka Gangbangers or wannabe gangsters, discussing “all those cowboy guys wearing badges. Are those guy sheriffs or something?” And statements like that. 
They were also getting gas and looked apprehensive about going into the station where 7 or 8 “Cowboys” were standing near the doorway talking. 
I hollered over to these guys and told them that the Cowboys with badges were “competition Cowboy Action Shooters.”

One, in a very snotty way, asked “What the heck is a cowboy action shooter?” Only he didn’t say “heck”.

I said, not wanting to make it sound like something these buttholes would want to make fun of or instigate trouble over, “We are tactical shooters that wear cowboy clothes and use cowboy guns.”

That seemed to satisfy their curiosity and they went about their business. 
From that day on I never wore my SASS badge until I got to a match. 

We used to tell the academy recruits to refrain from wearing all the cute “Cops Do It Better” type t shirts the local cop shop sold unless they were at the range. And if they managed to graduate, not to wear the official department issued t and polo shirts with printed badges when they were off duty. Walking into a convenience store holdup with a “Look at me I’m a cop” sign on could be hazardous. Or even just standing at the gas pumps. When I leave the range after a shoot, the SASS badge comes off.

3 minutes ago, Dusty Boots said:

Is this a limited time offer or will it be an ongoing option?

Nothing I have seen says one way or the other. 

Archived