SASS Wire Forum

Anyone seen these before from USAC

Eyesa Horg

A good friend of mine recently inherited a couple partial boxes of these. Wanted to share as they are odd to me. Also hoping someone might know about them and whether they have any collector value. He has 2 partial boxes, but only one with the instructions. Doubt you could get the bullet heads anymore. The cartridge is made of plastic, or so they look and feel! Sorry the pix didn't attach in order!

1880441953_Box1.thumb.jpg.32321ff3060cdc78db1b7e0b93a13968.jpg1105927100_Inst1.thumb.jpg.8c8801a39a862e608c01d12ca7b72ee3.jpgCartridge.thumb.JPG.99b18c3d09fa6eb0888563d04212810b.JPG583862748_Box2.thumb.jpg.6b5c71b1d4965438e350e651aa29eb07.jpg

Inst 2.jpg

6 minutes ago, Patagonia Pete said:

As per your article, one of the boxes has an $11 price tag on it. Thanks for that link, pretty cool I guess!

My dad had some of those way back. He might have reloaded them once. I think I recall seeing the loading tool. This was before he got a real reloading press. He was reloading 30 carbine with a lee loader and a mallet at the time. After he moved up to a real press, I dont recall him using the plastic 38’s anymore. 

Lizard.......,  your real point in asking the question?

CB

I have an old box of these my brother gave me many years ago. He shot some of the rounds and some are still new loaded. Some years ago I found an article on the web about them and as I remember the company was in business only one year. Seems the cost of their reload components was no less than conventional methods and they didn't have enough business to keep going. A good idea to a problem that had already been solved. They make an interesting conversation piece. 

CR

I remember getting these in a promo package from the maker around 1987 or so when I worked at a gun shop,I still have about 6 or 7 of them amd some off the bullet heads.I didn't see the utility of them back then.

I have a couple boxes of USAC 38 bullets, if you are intetested. Had them out on a gunshow table years ago, offered them to my boys for WristRocket ammo, but no takers.

Although they appear to be basically worthless, they are never the less kinda cool looking!

He's still looking for the actual loading tool.

On 5/13/2021 at 1:45 AM, Texas Lizard said:

Don't we still have five or six chambers today????? Or did I miss something.....

Texas Lizard

LOTS of 7 and 8 shot revolvers these days...just sayin....:D

Archived