SASS Wire Forum

Explain to me....

10 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Do you cut them to make fries?  We always fried them round.

Nope,cut the membrane, smash them out flat with the flat side of a cleaver,bread them,and pan fry them (hence the name).

10 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

I'm an omnivore.  A good part of being an omnivore is being carnivorous.  

For lunch today I went to a "Habit Burger."  And just for the heck of it, I ordered a "Veggie Burger."  NOT my normal fare...

Damn, but was I ever surprised!  That was about the tastiest "burger" I've had in a long time!  :huh:

I have had veggie burgers as well, just to try.

And there are some that taste good.

But there still lies the question WHY?

1 minute ago, Choctaw Jack said:

Nope,cut the membrane, smash them out flat with the flat side of a cleaver,bread them,and pan fry them (hence the name).

Sounds good, never had them that way. The ones I've had were always cut up and fried. Got some in a restaurant once that were cut up so small it was mostly crust with a teeny piece of meat in the middle. :angry: Made 'em go farther I guess.

JHC

On the RMO trend...

In the 70's I worked at a restraunt and served RMOs as an appitizer.

Had a couple of guys from NY in.

They asked if the RMOs were served on the half shell!!!:rolleyes:

Quickly changed their mind once I explained our oysters were the very reason there is a difference between a Bull and a Steer.

1 minute ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Sounds good, never had them that way. The ones I've had were always cut up and fried. Got some in a restaurant once that were cut up so small it was mostly crust with a teeny piece of meat in the middle. :angry: Made 'em go farther I guess.

JHC

Leaving them whole and thinning them out makes them similar to chicken fried steak.

We are told how bad meat is, but the truth is, it is carbs/sugar/aspartame that are the villains. The epidemic of type 2 diabetes is the result...much to delight of the mainstream medical, and pharmaceutical companies, and the makers of the A1C home testing machines. 

I cut carbs, and for the first time since 2010, I got off all type 2 meds, and reversed the disease, and even got off my blood pressure medicine. Did it without a prescription, too. I bet that ticks big pharma off...I also reckon that will put a big time crimp in my doctor's Roll Royce payment plan. 

Now ain't that a shame!!!

I adhere to the old saying: "red meat is not bad for you.

Fuzzy green meat, is bad for you."

Archived