SASS Wire Forum

PROBLEMS WITH REDWING TRADING COMPANY ?

Robyn Gold

Anyone else having issues with RedWing Trading Company? I ordered a screw knife from them 2 months ago and cannot get any answer from them regarding status. There's nothing on their site that says they are having any kind of delays. I've tried multiple emails and even their facebook page with no results whatsoever. The phone number listed on their website is no good.....since they are SASS affiliated thought maybe someone on here might have another point of contact or know the people involved since they apparently are vendors/competitors too. 

Just out of curiosity, since I have seen them mentioned before, did a quick search. First, this has apparently happened before. See this thread:

I found 2 numbers for them:

From Web Site:

308-235-5306

From Facebook:

308-235-7398

Good luck with these numbers, the FaceBook site has not had updates in a long time.

Redwing Trading is literally a mom n pop operation. Tom and Karen are great folks! There IS a lot going on right now.

Cut em some slack, I'm sure there's a reason they are not available right now. Be patient.

Yes, I agree with Rainmaker.  Redwing has been around forever and honest to a fault.  However, like many of us old timers, time is not our friend and poo happens. 

17 minutes ago, The Rainmaker, SASS #11631 said:

Redwing Trading is literally a mom n pop operation. Tom and Karen are great folks! There IS a lot going on right now.

Cut em some slack, I'm sure there's a reason they are not available right now. Be patient.

They still need to reply to emails and calls. Nothing worse than leaving customers wondering 

I agree and I don't think I am being impatient - its been 2 months with no answers. It makes me very leary, especially since they promote how great their business is and that they respond to emails. Feel like I got suckered at this point... :( Thanks Jon, I will try the other number. Maybe I will get lucky there.

I wish you well with Redwing, but if things don't work out there is a new guy that is making some real nice screwdriver knives. He's producing, but hasn't got his website up yet. He's on Facebook - look up Bone-A-Fyde Knives.

Phantom

10 minutes ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

He's on Facebook - look up Bone-A-Fyde Knives.

Thanks for the tip...he has some good looking screw knives there.

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I wish you well with Redwing, but if things don't work out there is a new guy that is making some real nice screwdriver knives. He's producing, but hasn't got his website up yet. He's on Facebook - look up Bone-A-Fyde Knives.

Phantom

I will do that. Thanks!

You might ask your credit card companies to revoke the payment to them. They will take the money back and negate your payment. Too bad this had to happen to you. I hope things work out for you both.

Cat Brules

24 minutes ago, Cat Brules said:

You might ask your credit card companies to revoke the payment to them. They will take the money back and negate your payment. Too bad this had to happen to you. I hope things work out for you both.

Cat Brules

Yes. I have already filed a dispute with PayPal over it. Hopefully I can get my money returned. 

56 minutes ago, Robyn Gold said:

Yes. I have already filed a dispute with PayPal over it. Hopefully I can get my money returned. 

If you go with Bone-A Fyde Knives, let Kelley know I sent ya.

;)

On 5/11/2021 at 5:38 PM, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

Phantom

Nice knives on his facebook page, now I got my wallet giving me the stinkeye.......

Well, sometimes people get into trouble and we are blessed when we cut them some slack. I hope Red Wing comes out of it OK too.

CB

Almost every post I have seen about problems with vendors has centered on their lack of communication with the customer. Some folks are supremely skilled at their craft and cant fathom that communication is a skill which must also be mastered. Especially if they are going to insist on being paid for their craftsmanship prior to delivery. Most of us customers are patient and understanding IF we are dealt with openly and in a timely manner. There are people and companies I will not deal with all over the country and on the wire because they refuse to place value on these skills. It is my understanding we are not to attack the providers on the SASSwire. I am surprised this thread has not been shut down.

Imis

10 hours ago, Cat Brules said:

Well, sometimes people get into trouble and we are blessed when we cut them some slack. I hope Red Wing comes out of it OK too.

CB

Oh my god...this coming from a guy that always rips companies for not performing PERFECTLY...100% of the time?????

:lol:

Archived