SASS Wire Forum

370 new cases today in GA

Trigger Mike

Georgia reported just 370 new cases of the virus today.  Over the last 15 months only 8% of the state tested positive for the virus.   Less than 1% died from it.  We have been mostly open for a while and even held the annual onion festival at the end of April without a spike in cases.  

Only a few wear mask in South Georgia where we live.  

I tracked the gov't provided numbers for a full year from March of 2020.
End result: 1.86% fatality rate of all diagnosed cases.

For some reason my gov't source no longer provides updated numbers.

My curiosity is how do they come up with the number of cases. They go up and down here and I presume it's from the number of positive tests. However, they never mention how many were tested. So to me the number of positives is irrelevant if we don't know the percentage and locality of the positive tests. We some times have over a hundred and yesterday only 14, Huh. How many folks are actually bothering to get tested nowadays?

Georgia lists the total test each day so out of 9053 test 370 were positive.   Keep in my that most people don't get tested if they are not sick.  

My mom went to the dr with a UTI last week but the nurse said she had the symptoms of the virus so she got tested and came back negative for the china virus but positive for the UTI

Up 2,226 cases here in FL today. Weve been ignoring covid for pretty much the whole time here, except for govt buildings. Before it was tough because those who wanted to be safe didnt have much choice other than to stay away from people. But at this point, the vaccine is available to all who are interested, so no reason to not go back to normal. Sure, cases will probably surge. But now that those who want to be protected can be protected, everyone can truly decide whats best for themselves. The people who will get sick at this point, made a personal choice to not get the vaccine (and I support having that choice). Its all cost/benefit, we all have our reasons to do what we do. Life has to go on so we can start to rebuild.

Numbers can be bent around.  

A person gets tested, it's positive, that's one new case. Same person waits a few days and gets tested again just to be sure, again positive, that's two new cases by the numbers.

Main Stream Media is pushing the vaccine.  They don't come out and say it but the impression they give is that you will be immune once you have been vaccinated.

Take care,

BS

Archived